About to order from NKON.nl - What to expect?

Too bad I just spend a few grand already, my pockets are empty :cry: :cry:
This is the time when I wish I had regular credit cards to spend spend spend.
If I did, I would grab 100 of those 25R's for $3 each.
I might go with Tumich's offerings.

Oh! I forgot about this thread.

I put in an order about a month ago after emailing nkon and asking about their shipping. They told me, they ship to Australia every week and it's not a problem etc.

Well after a week of the package tracking showing it stuck in Singapore, I emailed them and asked what's going on. Apparently they have problems shipping Lion now :evil: :evil: :evil:

I still don't have my order (only 75 cells) and they still have my money. Good thing I used Paypal as if things don't get resolved soon I will have to make a claim. :cry:

Cheers

that1guy said:
Neo2172, did you get charge import fees (aka duties)?

Nope I didn't get charged any duties. I live in the US. I actually just placed my second order with Nkon a month ago and everything went flawlessly, I ordered 60 of the Sanyo GA's. I did have FedEx call me when the package got to the US asking what it was because the label didn't say and they needed to report it to customs. I told them I was pretty sure it was a spot welder ;) lol I had a spot welder en-route too. I didn't want to say it was batteries because I thought that may cause problems? But anyhow I've had 2 good experiences ordering from Nkon. (Tumerich) was out of GA cells when I ordered from Nkon. If I'm not mistaken both sources are very close in price.

that1guy said:
Neo, thanks for feedback. I'm in the US too. Looks like shipping is ~50USD. How long did it take on average?

You have any means of verifying the cells are legit?

If I remember correctly I think it got here in less than 2 weeks... may have only been 10 days. They look real to me, but no I didn't do anything extensive to test authenticity. I'm pretty sure other forum members have verified Nkon sending legit cells. I built a 17.5AH pack out of them (14S 5P) and I rode for almost 2 hours yesterday... only used 13AH... and I think my pack was still around 48 volts... they feel real to me!! :D :D :D

Well it only took nearly 3 months, but my order finally showed up today.

And it's pretty obvious to me why it took so long.
Dear_Peers.jpg

DSC_3336.jpg

Declaring Ni-mh might have worked in the past, but they are catching on now and sellers really do need to list contents correctly. Now we know why NKON still has such cheap shipping compared to all other 18650 sources.
And the fact that they directly lied when my package got held up in Singapore for 2 months makes it even worse.

Anyway, buyer beware, you get what you pay for in terms of Lithium shipping costs.

Cheers

This is good information to have. Thanks!

Cowardlyduck said:
Well it only took nearly 3 months, but my order finally showed up today.

And it's pretty obvious to me why it took so long.
Dear_Peers.jpg

DSC_3336.jpg

Declaring Ni-mh might have worked in the past, but they are catching on now and sellers really do need to list contents correctly. Now we know why NKON still has such cheap shipping compared to all other 18650 sources.
And the fact that they directly lied when my package got held up in Singapore for 2 months makes it even worse.

Anyway, buyer beware, you get what you pay for in terms of Lithium shipping costs.

Cheers

I ordered a couple of 18500 cells 14 days ago, and they have not yet arrived. Usually shipment from the Netherlands to Denmarks happens in a few days. I suspect the packet is lost or was not shipped from within the EU.

It's a shame, as I'd noticed they also have the NCR20700 4250mAh, but I want to clear the 18500 issue before ordering anything else.

Took 21 days, which was expected. Bought on Nov 6, received today Nov 27
FedEx additional charge of C$45 which is the normal scam they pull, they did the exact same thing with Hobbyking, same price too.
Samsung 25R because the $/Ah was all around the same, but these of course have 25A discharge instead of 10A for the PF. Plus the Samsung 25R are LiMn, same chemistry as the Makita packs Sony Konion 18650-V series.
Not sure what the difference is in the color, Green vs Blue. Batterybro states in this big long article
-
https://www.liquivana.com/green-vs-blue-samsung-25r/
are totally same.
- Green model: Samsung 25R5 - Blue model: Samsung 25R2 - Samsung SDI guarantees that the performance of the 25R2 with blue PVC and 25R5 with green PVC are totally same. The percentage of Electrolyte is change than 25R5. FEC: 3 -> 5% and SN: 1.5 -> 1% and PA77: 1-> 1.5%. - The life cycle would be better than 25R5.
Fluoroethylene Carbonate (FEC) 2011 - https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/la203712s
-
I am not big on the technical side, but its an interesting read. nanoscopic structures, different morphologies, nano this nano that. So very small :shock:
-
Of course life cycle is dependent on other factors. I try not to discharge too much, try to do shallower and charge more often. Basically just don't work them out too much.

I just need to figure out what I want, I am finding that 10S is just a tad slow for my overweight ass, so I've been thinking of converting the Makita's to 15S, throwing in the appropriate LVC resistor and limiting the throttle in some manner. Perhaps a switch somewhere, because I just dont need all the speed 15S provides, but sometimes I do like to go faster then 10S.

Oh I just wanted to add, that for the price I paid, I felt a bit underwhelmed for the size and weight of the package. But I know they will be great!

85 of the Samsung 25R.jpg

I had some batteries from them 25R and NCR18650PF, the panasonic ones are not good!
Seems from old stock, high IR, very quick voltage drop, low capacity under load..... :evil:

It was really a coin toss for me, my thinking was I wanted a pack that was small but could handle the throttle. The 10A of PF would have required too many in parallel compared to the 25A discharge of 25R.

BoomerChomsi said:
I had some batteries from them 25R and NCR18650PF, the panasonic ones are not good!
Seems from old stock, high IR, very quick voltage drop, low capacity under load..... :evil:

Hi have 500 Sanyo GA cells on the way to Australia.

I'm hoping they arrive before Christmas given the delays seen with my two previous orders.

I'm also unsure what to expect for GST....Australia only recently start charging GST (Sales tax, 10%) on imported goods under $1000....my two previous orders didn't have that requirement...so unsure what to expect.

Cheers

I have ordered from nkon several times, and never had a problem. But I am in europe. From what I have read they are one of the most trusted vendors for original batteries, and the prize seems right. I am not sure, but I think it usually takes about 2 weeks for me to get my orders.

I have usually ordered abuot 4 batteries at a time, at most something like 65-70 one time.

Back