ADRIANA´S BOARD The Butterfly...

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
Hi, any chance to get some power reading of this set up ? I am always curious to understand why we use 150A ESC...

Actually was the first thing i did...
Just remember it's limited to 80 % power...
I got 48 peak amps.. acording to previous graphs constant is 65% of peak amps.. so we should be looking somewhere around 30-35 constant
I got up to 30 kph. .. esc running without a fan.. cool as a cucumber. Not exactly th3 most demanding setup ever.. but still interesting.

ok, thxs, means about 1200Wp isn't it ? (woow)
..I think as long as we prefer 6s, we can't get less than 150A RC car esc... well done on this one actually :wink:

We all use them because I think there is anything available in this price range with less than 150 amps/6s/with brake... :shock:

I ran quite a bit on 60 amp 4s... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11743__HobbyKing_Brushless_Car_ESC_60A_w_Reverse.html when I started out, and before I found ES,
they dont go very fast due to the 4s configuration and a conservatively lower sprocket/gear ratio I had on them reaching just 25 kph max which at the time felt like flying. They don't burn up.. got about 200 kms on them and they are still doing fine.. Due to the less than exciting speed I only use them when I ride with a friend or one of my other boards is "in the shop". Also the on off/switch dies after about 10 uses and you have to short the cable and turn it off and on using the xt60 battery plugs.
Looking at the problem from a different Amperage point of view..my xt60 connectors on the Velociraptor (with over 2750 kms on them) are as good as new, and they are "Hobbyking Rated" for 60 amps.. IMHO Probably generously overrated, Im sure they would not be able to handle 6s-50 amps constant for any amount of time.
If anyone has information proving/disproving this it would shed some light on the amp requirements from a hardware (not just ESC) point of view.

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
Any link to the 4s/60A built?

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=56839&hilit=boosted+boards+reverse

Yep it went 32.8 kph... with a 200 lb guy.. only on flats though... The brakes rock... so you could do a downhill board and only use the brakes, and some small 4s batteries just so the esc is kept turned on? :D

Beto, how is the steering on your front drives? Do you feel like you are lifting the driven wheel when it's outside during a turn, especially on sharp turns?

front drive rocks!
And carving is awesome.. have said it before but it is a sensation of being smoothly pulled in the correct direction more than being pushed and then having to steer...
Specially on the destroyer with the 7 inch wheels...
I detect no lifting or such.. and when you hit a bump the bump is rolled over... not slamed into... again a much smoother effect...

Cool! I have dual front drives with the motors sticking out. I want to put them under the board but they don't fit. I guess I'd just go with one motor to make it happen. Thanks!

Read this thread from time to time.
One of the nicest E-Boards I've seen. :shock:
Could you tell me more about how you hooked it all up - so the batteries can be used and charged at the same time, see voltage - and all connected with the 'Key' ?? (also how do you plug it so it charges both the batts together?)
a diagram or a thorough explanation will be great!

I'm asking because I also want to make a 1 comportment type board for a friend (or possibly more after other friends see it)
The charger wont be inside but I still want it to be simple -
- XT90 Key
-Only power Slot and Balancer slot sticking from the side for charging and nothing else.
and most importantly - no need to plug or unplug anything inside (plug and play)
Thanks!

Beto, great work mate.
Would i be able to ask you to post up a more detailed description of how you've made the onboard charging system.
I've grabbed 3 of the same chargers and i'm trying to get one hooked up now to stay onboard as a 1 plug charging solution for my mates boards.
I don't want to let out the magic smoke, and am a little unsure how i should go about hooking up 2 3s 5000mah batteries in series to the charger at once. while using the ballance cable.
i'm guessing i'll have to join both balance leads together?

Cheers
Alex

beto_pty said:
torqueboards said:
Nice work beto. You just kept the charger on the board itself? lol
Ditto for a one wheel front wheel drive as best as well.
Yup, the trick was getting one that would survive the slamming and vibrations... not to mention the ocasional puddle, mud and grime.
Poor mans 6s 100 amp BMS LOL...
Unfortunately I lost my counter,I was trying to see how many times my batteries would charge/balance using the charger... hopefully psycho got a lemon, this is a seriously well built to hold up to the punishment they go through mounted on a board.. and i want to believe it will last.. however that said Onloop came up with a much better alternative in his all in one powercord. Same single cable connection, but without having to lug the charger around..IDEAL!

What is the cable that onloop used called?

Managed to sort it out myself in the end. Orientation of the 2 battery packs and balance plus is crucial though. Otherwise your shorting out the 2 batteries.

cool man.. it works very well for a leisure board and trouble free/mind free charging...
My personal boards are still conventionally balanced charged (cause im lazy) but if you want the cosmetics and the ease of use single plug charging is a must

i prefer RWD. Having what is essentially a 41" double kick popscicle deck with motors mounted inward, all I have to do to get FWD is stand on the board backwards and flip the switch on my remote to invert the trigger. While I do enjoy the slight difference in cornering, i think i prefer RWD because of the tight turning i do on the tail all the time. I just really don't like a front heavy board. Also, the spinning. I kind of like shifting my weight forward a little and sliding the back wheels out of traction sometimes in a turn and hitting the accellerator while on wet pavement. Opportunity for this is ample in Florida on the shady bike trails. Its kind of stupid and will likely throw me into a tree at some point, but its really fun. Especially if there's leaves and shit on the road and they go flying up everywhere. And when some kid is staring at you like you just did some sick burnout in your race car. Also since i do often steer with my tail, i wouldn't want to slam the motors down on the road all the time.

But everyone rides different. This is all about individual flavor and what you prefer. :wink:

Back