DUAL E-MTB BUILD

I assume, it's your ESC. I was having some odd issue before going about 70% throttle and board would just cut off with power. Would throttle it again but after 70% would drop out. Keep thinking it was the battery but go figure it wasn't. Swapped my ESC and worked fine. The issue is no longer happens. I'm now able to go 70-100% throttle with no issues since switching the ESC.

torqueboards said:
I assume, it's your ESC. I was having some odd issue before going about 70% throttle and board would just cut off with power. Would throttle it again but after 70% would drop out. Keep thinking it was the battery but go figure it wasn't. Swapped my ESC and worked fine. The issue is no longer happens. I'm now able to go 70-100% throttle with no issues since switching the ESC.

My ESC is also on 75% I'll try to switch the power limit as well and see. Did you ever try to see if it was the power limit that caused the issue?

Back on 50% and even when I started riding at 75% it was ok.

BShady said:
torqueboards said:

My ESC is also on 75% I'll try to switch the power limit as well and see. Did you ever try to see if it was the power limit that caused the issue?

Back on 50% and even when I started riding at 75% it was ok.

Yeah, but that sucks to have to bother to do that.

Glad to see you're riding. Sucks that your ESC is acting up. In my opinion the Hobbywing ones are the best choice. You get what you pay for honestly, and places like ebay have them for a little cheaper. I got both of my HW 150 amp ones from there.

hey guys

i wanted to know if anybody has a good way to put on the wire protectors? everytime i try to put them on they unravel.

thanks

BShady said:
hey guys

i wanted to know if anybody has a good way to put on the wire protectors? everytime i try to put them on they unravel.

thanks

I am having the same problem with mine, I got some nylon ones off ebay but they fray like no other, I think I am going to switch to plastic tubing.

Heres what I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260877467926

Heres what I want: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-Split-Wire-Loom-Conduit-20-Ft-Polyethylene-Tubing-Car-Audio-Installation-/201052918148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecfb01184

Another qu guys.

I noticed that my wheels have a lot of wobble on them, even when I just spin them while they are suspended in the air. Does anybody know what's causing this? Is it the hub or bearings or just the tire?

I think it was the root to my chain issue, I swaped my 2 rear wheels and now the chains don't fall of.

Another wierd thing is that my board doesn't go straight. If I lay it on the ground and just push it, it turns to one side. Is that also normal?

BShady said:
Another wierd thing is that my board doesn't go straight. If I lay it on the ground and just push it, it turns to one side. Is that also normal?

I suppose you are using channel/spring trucks on your e-mtboard; because of the distribution of your weight when you stand on the deck, one spring would have compressed more than the other on the same truck.

Same thing happens to mine.

Pediglide said:
BShady said:

I suppose you are using channel/spring trucks on your e-mtboard; because of the distribution of your weight when you stand on the deck, one spring would have compressed more than the other on the same truck.

Same thing happens to mine.

I'm useing the regular ATS trucks and I'm not even standing on the board when it rolls to one side!

Got another qu.

I check my cells today after another run and the voltage of each cell was:

1) 3.75v
2) 3.75v
3) 3.76v
4) 3.74v
5) 3.73v
6) 3.83v

That sixth cell is 0.10v above the lowest cell?

I always balance charge my batteries till 4.10v.

No. I'm useing a IMAX b6 genuine from Hobbyking. It says that it was all within 0.02v. I don't have my multimeter with me to check:/

You think that can make such a difference? Plus that womt explain why 2 wheels have more wobble then the rest.

Back