Advice for E-Bike Kit on Single Speed

I have a Single Speed I ride occasionally but want to get a kit to convert it to an ebike. To be honest, I am not very knowledgable about bikes or motors so I would like to buy a kit that has most of what I need there to make it easier to out together. I am not looking for a super expensive kit, but one that isn't cost effective that will get the job done.

I have been looking at the Street Legal Electric Bike Kit - Samsung Power 2.0 (https://dillengerelectricbikes.com/electric-bike-kits/best-sellers/street-legal-electric-bike-kit-samsung-power-13ah-by-dillenger.html) but wasn't sure if this was a good kit or if there were better options out there. Since I have a single speed and not a more heavy-duty bike, I want to make sure what I am looking at is appropriate for the kind of bike I have. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you wanted a mid-drive motor, I'd say the BBS02 would be a good option. If you wanted hub drive, there are a bunch of kits out there, just make sure you pick one that has a hub motor that uses a freewheel instead of a cassette.

Just for examples here are a couple:
BBS02 mid-drive
2-speed hub motor

Back