Amberwolf's first RC LiPo...experimental repair thread

Ah! Excellent reasons.

And, yes, the depuffing does not solve any internal problems, just the queasy feeling of having puffed packs.

Yeah; if it doesn't solve antyhing there's no reason to do all that work (and expend materials / money on it). ;)

I've still got the EIG NMC pack, and teh A123 EM3EV pack, and between the two of those I'd have perhaps 50+ miles of range if I really needed it. But the EM3EV pack is pretty heavy, and doesn't give nearly full capacity (I forget how mcuh I actually get out of the EIG pack but it's significantly more, and it's also lighter). I don't usually *need* that much range, and when I do need a little extra, this RC LiPo pack gives enough to not have to worry about running out.

(I need to actually do a capacity / rundown test on each of these packs to ensure I know how much range I'd actuallly get out of them if it came down to needing max range....I have some of the stuff to do a load test all dug out of the sheds, but I gotta put it together and make sure it'll actually draw the current I need it to at the pack voltage).

Back