• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Any 100mm front hub motors that build into a dish-less wheel?

I can't find any though I have found an assortment of rear hub motors that build dish-less wheels in o.l.d.'s ranging from 110mm to 170mm.

I can't find any though I have found an assortment of rear hub motors that build dish-less wheels in o.l.d.'s ranging from 110mm to 170mm.
If you find one that doesn't have a disk brake mount, then it would probably be symmetrical. Maybe search for "caliper brake hub motor"?

I did find one that is dish-less and it actually does have a disc brake, the MXUS XF07.

Unfortunately, It's efficiency throughout the speed range is worse than most (if not all) non geared direct drives I have seen. Example below comparing to Leaf 35mm and Nine Continent 28mm:

1716449300176.png

1716450692524.png

Really surprised to see that. Normally the geared hub loses to the non geared direct drive hub in peak efficiency but is much more efficient at low and mid speed. But this MXUS geared hub motor is worse at every speed than even a cheap old school Nine Continent 28mm wide stator non geared direct drive motor.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there’s an Aikema model to suit, one of the AKM-85 variants. Should be enough axle length fit in 100mm fork. Worth a look anyway.

Pretty sure there’s an Aikema model to suit, one of the AKM-85 variants. Should be enough axle length fit in 100mm fork. Worth a look anyway.

Thanks.

Here is one that is dish-less from Aikema with 100mm o.l.d. and 47mm distance between spoke flanges:

Even better, 100mm without shims.

Go it if you can get it, you could spend many hours hunting for a better motor and come up empty handed.

I’m frugal and use what falls into my lap, so haven’t bought Aikemas, but have one that’s been in on and off use that would be pushing 15 y.o. on stock bearings and nylon gears, so pretty confident in their design, fabrication, and parts spec, not disposable junk.

Back