Anybody deal with Life Tech Lithium?

Armin is the rep for LifeTech.
I was dealing with him and believe me he is very reliable person, imagine he sent me BMS boards made by New Energy used in HPS packs BEFORE I sent my money through Pay Pal.
I was in the middle of reconstructing HPS battery pack when I destroyed BMS BOARDS and I put all hope in Armin, BMI rep at that time. I was not dissapoined.
HOWEVER,
oryginal so called grey cels which he was selling and which are performing so well in my pack/2 winters, 2 summers/ are discontinued.
I understand present cells sold are designed by Headway and was initially made by Headway, or by opinion of some members are still made by Headway.
LifeTech cells are identical to Headway.
Use your own jugment and resoning.
MC

flügelwagen said:
I'm considering purchasing some 15Ah 38120 cells from them and wanted to know if anyone has had experience dealing with them.

Thanks!
I would just like to clear up some confusion regarding the cell sizes.
38123 size = 8Ah (high power cell) and 10Ah (high energy cell)
40152 size = 15Ah (high energy cell)
40176 size = 20Ah (high energy cell- soon to be released. Under exhaustive testing in Japan at present)

miro13car said:
Armin is the rep for LifeTech.
I was dealing with him and believe me he is very reliable person, imagine he sent me BMS boards made by New Energy used in HPS packs BEFORE I sent my money through Pay Pal.
I was in the middle of reconstructing HPS battery pack when I destroyed BMS BOARDS and I put all hope in Armin, BMI rep at that time. I was not dissapoined.
HOWEVER,
oryginal so called grey cels which he was selling and which are performing so well in my pack/2 winters, 2 summers/ are discontinued.
I understand present cells sold are designed by Headway and was initially made by Headway, or by opinion of some members are still made by Headway.
LifeTech cells are identical to Headway.
Use your own jugment and resoning.
MC
Hi Miroslaw. Since you like the threaded terminal design you can always buy the green PSI cells from AndyH. I am sure he will provide you with just as good a level of service as I have in the past. These are still available and I am sure they will keep manufacturing them for quite some time yet.

I am confident you will be most impressed with the materials used and quality of our new cell which will be available soon.

How much the pack 36v, and 48v on 10 Ah and 15 Ah. I am curious, I am saving up some money for higher quality cells.

chroot said:
How much the pack 36v, and 48v on 10 Ah and 15 Ah. I am curious, I am saving up some money for higher quality cells.
Feel free to email me directly so I can send you the complete battery product listings which show all of the pack weights and dimensions. I have a 36V 15Ah pack due to be shipped from the factory in about a week. This pack is a special pack which has been made up with a full BMS rather than the regular VMS which comes fitted as standard to the LiFeTech XPS packs. In addition we are changing the design for all of our smaller packs which will all soon be made using DuPont Xytel plastic cases rather than the aluminium cases which we have been supplying up until now. For a small pack the aluminium is quite heavy and adds considerable cost to these small size packs which is why we have decided to go back to the original plastic cases. In addition the factory must order 5000 cases at a time from the aluminium extrusion company which supplies the custom made cases. Of course all of the larger packs as used in EV's will continue to use the stronger aluminium cases but for small batteries the extra strength and cost for the aluminium is just not required.

I am waiting for pricing on the new plastic case packs since the factory tells me they should be slightly cheaper than the current metal case packs.

The 36V 15Ah pack on order is for an e-bike customer who is a member of this forum. I will ask him to post a test report when he has had some time to test the performance of the pack on his bike. I will also take a few photos of the pack to post as soon as it arrives.

I will let you know the cost of all these packs when I know the cost myself (when the factory gets back to me).

Of course these packs will still be offered with the normal LiFeTech factory 3 years/3000 cycles warranty which I have not seen any other battery manufacturer willing to match (or better).

Ultimately I decided not to purchase from Life Tech because of the cost. Their 15ah 40mm cells are very attractive, but won't fit in my ebike app. Armin couldn't have been nicer about it, and gave me lots of info, as well as pics of their very cool ebikes.

The reason I considered an Australian vendor in the first place (I'm in LA) was that I saw on this board that they had these killer hexagonal cell holding blocks. Unfortunately, they can't sell them to me w/o the cells in the quantity I need. Does anybody know of another place I can get these?

Attachments

• Cellblocks.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 766
Hi,

http://www.rechargeablelithiumpower.com/oscommerce2/catalog/40138-cell-assembly-blocks-p-35.html
40138 Cell Assembly Blocks

These lightweight assembly blocks are designed to hold the cell securely while protecting battery pack wiring. They provide an air gap between cells that assists with cell cooling.

Two required per cell

Use 45mm copper straps (strap_45) for connections.
Block2_320.jpg

http://www.rechargeablelithiumpower.com/oscommerce2/catalog/pack-accessories-c-24.html

flügelwagen said:
I saw on this board that they had these killer hexagonal cell holding blocks. Unfortunately, they can't sell them to me w/o the cells in the quantity I need. Does anybody know of another place I can get these?
I don't, but lol...
hexlifebatt.jpg

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6932

Thanks Mitch!

The PSI assembly blocks are a perfect fit for any of the 40138 studded cells, but are too big for the slightly smaller Headway cells and aren't designed for the Headway-style terminals and cell ends. They could be modified to work but it would take some time to cut the center from the blocks and add tape or shrink wrap to the cells.

You should be able to get the orange or red holders from Headway or from the folks at EV Components. [edit] EVC doesn't have the blocks in their on-line store, but they've posted on this board that the blocks are in stock. Just drop them an email. [/edit]

Andy

MitchJi said:
Hi,

http://www.rechargeablelithiumpower.com/oscommerce2/catalog/40138-cell-assembly-blocks-p-35.html
40138 Cell Assembly Blocks

These lightweight assembly blocks are designed to hold the cell securely while protecting battery pack wiring. They provide an air gap between cells that assists with cell cooling.

Two required per cell

Use 45mm copper straps (strap_45) for connections.
Block2_320.jpg

http://www.rechargeablelithiumpower.com/oscommerce2/catalog/pack-accessories-c-24.html

Thanks for the leads guys...I know batteryspace has some square cell holders too, but I was holding out for the hexagons. Anyway the Fight Club member (oops, just broke the first rule of fight club) led me to a thread that has inspired me to mill my own from plastic.

Thanks guys!

Back