• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Anyone familiar with this bike? ES Elite?

MikeFairbanks

100 kW
I was offered this in exchange for an older Ipod classic. Looks like it might be a good Ebike.

But I have no idea what it is. Supposedly American made, but not sure.

This link isn't of the actual bike, but is the exact same year and model. Something like an FS Elite ESD 6000.

Know anything?

Check out that horizontal crossbar. Looks perfect for a battery.

http://www.americanlisted.com/hawaii_11/bicycles_7/f_s_elite_mountain_bicycle_50_lv_12222781.html

f_s_elite_mountain_bicycle_50_lv_8416822.jpg

Well, this one has brakes, and that alone is a big step up from your previous choices. :mrgreen:

True that the weird frame design might turn to your advantage for mounting batteries.

This is one elusive bike. I can't find any information on it.

Looks like it's selling for 75-140 bucks around the nation (on used forums, mostly CL), but nobody seems to know what it really is.

Maybe it's from Mars?

You know my attitude. Bike + $100 an old ipod. Bike worth $20, you're not a collector.

dogman said:
You know my attitude. Bike + $100 an old ipod. Bike worth $20, you're not a collector.

I'm not finding any 20-dollar bikes where I live, except those really cheap NEXT bikes for kids from Wal Mart.

Even our thrift store charges too much (for junk).

like I said, the bike is notihing special. Ok, maybe $50 if fully functional.

If you search is confined to stores and ads, yer doing it wrong. Gotta hunt stuff down. Best bet is often a partial bike. That is, no wheels, or no tires that hold air, but the frame is good. The hunt is half the fun, paying too much is no fun.

You got one thing right, you will look at waaaay too many wallbikes before you do find good stuff. I think C L is where weenies that think all thier old junk is gold hang out. Garage sales. If it starts at 8:00, 7:30 is too late.

You're right. I need to work a little harder at it.

There is an actual Sanford and son place nearby, but they see me in a suit and won't negotiate. I'll go back in jeans. Most of their stuff is total crap.

Back