Anyone using solid/ airless tires ?

sunnyday

100 mW
I got my ebike about 2 years ago . In the first week, I had 2 flats and decided to try the solid tires on both the front and back . Heres my stats .

I weigh 240 lbs and am 6ft-6" tall { weightlifter} , my ebike weighs about 70 lbs with the battery . Total weight 310 lbs

I have 700 c rims/tires.

Many people dont like the solid tires because they do give a bit of a harsher ride and rolling resistance is not as good but for me, those 2 things are easily overlooked for the durability of my solid tires. I have pulled nails/ screws , etc out of these solid tires that woulda easily made me have a blowout and since my ebike does 36 mph , it coulda resulted in a bad accident.

I personally love these solid tires and will never go to a air tires on this ebike.

Keep in mind that I do not use my ebike for dirt trails, gravel roads....I only stay on the side of the highway/ roads/ sidewalks.

i read somewhere *thinks* sheldon b's website* that they're total crap *hence why no one uses them

Baaa lol

Obviously not for everyone, but could be a must have item for some. It is certainly reassuring.

davec said:
i read somewhere *thinks* sheldon b's website* that they're total crap *hence why no one uses them

Interesting . I love mine .

Heres a youtube video of another user that likes em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28slWsd_fG4

friendly1uk said:
Baaa lol

Obviously not for everyone, but could be a must have item for some. It is certainly reassuring.

Ill be a user for life on this ebike...

the advantages outweigh a few of the small negatives for me.

Its a great feeling to know that you will never have a blowout at 36 mph on a ebike.

I'm running Bell No Mor Flats foam tube on one of my bikes;

They are heavy the ride is a little too cushy on the street and a little to harsh on the trails, but heck I never ever worry about the tires going flat, and I think that is great.

My favorite puncture proofing at the moment however is Stan's No-Tube ghetto tubeless mod.

I have a Bell no-mor-flats installed right now in the rear. My only complaint is that the tube doesn't really hug the rim so it flops from side to side making the bike feel as though its unstable. Its 26 x 1.75-1.95 tube inside a 1.75" tire.

It makes me want to try a 1-piece airless tire where the foam is part of the tire.
Like these: http://www.airfreetires.com/shopping/c-14-26-inch.aspx

cut6.jpg

Another problem with those tubes is they'll start to shift on the rim which puts stress on the spokes and causes them to break easier.

Back