Axel's Giant DH Comp

bms setup screen (even tho there's no bms on axel's) had Discharge cutoff left at default setting 29V. i recommend everyone change this to LVC!
20140426_195833.jpg

once i upped it to 66V (3.3V/cell), the menu displayed LOWBatt message. (this photo is from mine - i still had mine set to 29V! but since i use bms, it protected against low cell voltage...)

so here were the cells on one pack, all up around 3V, so not dead:
[youtube]OP5K8WLLHdw[/youtube]

we reviewed story and the lowest the pack voltage got was 46V, so ~2.3V/cell. but once home, and checking individually, they rose to 2.8V/Cell, and over the last couple days, they rose again to 3V on their own.

so what the heck, let's charge 'em up. removed from case just to be sure...
[youtube]asoLEn6G-Ek[/youtube]

and they all charged up nicely. and we balanced them after that:
20140426_164712.jpg

but i told axel these batts are not to be trusted. they should always be closely monitored while charging. he will be buying 4s packs soon to go with the bms, which is just as well, but i think he can use these with extreme caution for a couple weeks. i'm sure half of you agree and the other half think it's mad. but the fact they rose to 3V is encouraging and they all came up together, none were dogs. i don't believe they hit 46V under load. from the story, they were just heading over the cliff.

then i got to see the latest project...
20140426_162349.jpg

Back