BAFANG 750 w rear hub upgrade to sensorless system?

emlavsky89

1 µW
Hi all , First post . Almost illiterate as far as anything with wires is concerned. That being said I have a Bafang H500 system(fat tire 20x4.0 EUY ebike) I had a couple of the hall wires melt together and after a bravery fueled by my local medical marijuana dispensery , my doctor, and the greatest state of the semi- United States Of America ,Florida. Im not one to argue laws nor the will of my doctor so I get HIIIIIIIIII a lot

]moving on.. I tore the entire hall board out of the hub, and ordered this piece of metal SH++***
------Alomejor Electric Bike Speed Brushless Controller 48V 60V 64V 1000W 1500W Bicycle Motor Controller for E Bike Speed---

https://www.amazon.com/Alomejor-Electric-Controller-1000W-1500W-Bicycle/dp/B0816VW1RG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=UW18JTRS3D5X&keywords=1000+watt+bldc+motor+controller&qid=1674177593&sprefix=1000+watt+bldc+motor+controlle%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-4

I hooked it up correctly at the help of a dear friend , but no go. . nothing works.

is there a controller any one would recommend that would work with me and my bike?

senseless from what I feel would be my priority . no?

or should I just replace hall sensors , pcb board, hall wires etc?

I thank you dearly !

Eddie

Some thoughts and questions to gather info so that we can recommend new parts and/or testing of existing parts, to help you get back on the road:

Hall wires don't have significant current thru them, and so can't melt without some other serious fault in the system, or physical damage allowing high current short circuits, or overheating in other wires also in the same cable that allow such shorts to happen.

What specifically and exactly happened, leading up to the failure? More details are better.

What was the exact actual failure? Meaning, what specfically and exactly happened at the moment of failure, and immediately afterward?

What specifically was the difference in behavior before the failure and after? (this and the previous questions will help us understand the event and better figure out everything that failed and could need repair or replacement).

What testing was done, if any, to verify the failure and that there were no others? (this will help us know what has already been tested, so that we don't waste time retesting those things)

What specifically was done to "tear the entire hall board out of the hub"? (this will help us know what problems could have been created during this repair, if any).

What do you need the system to do for you, under what riding conditions, for how much range? (this will help us help you find a sufficient controller to do the work, and a new motor and/or battery if those aren't capable of the job). This thread has questions you can copy/paste here in your thread and then put your answers in for:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66302

emlavsky89 said:
https://www.amazon.com/Alomejor-Electric-Controller-1000W-1500W-Bicycle/dp/B0816VW1RG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=UW18JTRS3D5X
<snip>
senseless from what I feel would be my priority . no?
That controller is already advertised as sensorless (no-halls) capable.

emlavsky89 said:
I tore the entire hall board out of the hub, and ordered this piece of metal SH++***
------Alomejor Electric Bike Speed Brushless Controller 48V 60V 64V 1000W 1500W Bicycle Motor Controller for E Bike Speed---
<snip>
I hooked it up correctly at the help of a dear friend , but no go. . nothing works.

What does "nothing works" mean, exactly, and specifically? More detail is better.

Nothing works means just that . Nothing works . System won’t even power on.

I’m going to order another controller .. any suggestions for dual mode controller with decent instructions ?

Doesn’t have to be dual mode I just don’t want to deal Withy the hall sensors anymore .

amberwolf said:
ld need repair or replacement).
What does "nothing works" mean, exactly, and specifically? More detail is better.

You're asking for a lot of detail of someone who "gets HIIIIIIIIII a lot". First has to remember the questions you asked, then has to remember even further back for the answers. Lot of remembering.

emlavsky89 said:
I’m going to order another controller .. any suggestions for dual mode controller with decent instructions ?

Here's one, but I'm skeptical it will work, since the one you already tried, albeit "hooked up correctly" by two HIIIIIIII guys (assumption), was already was dual mode/sensorless, and not requiring hall sensors (sensorless).

Per the Amazon listing:
"This electric bicycle motor controller can drive sine wave motor, square wave motor, no hall motor."
"Question:Will This product work with motors without hall senors?
Answer:Yes, this controller work with motors without hall senors
By yanmeerA SELLER on August 2, 2021"

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003970038729.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis%21EUR%21%E2%82%AC%2046%2C15%2140%2C61%20%E2%82%AC%21%21%21%21%21%400b0a172716743956009076632e4336%2112000027597978211%21btf&_t=pvid%3Af2593ab9-dccb-445e-9f18-3b72b86a0bfe&afTraceInfo=1005003970038729__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1674395601&spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.mainProduct&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

emlavsky89 said:
Nothing works means just that . Nothing works . System won’t even power on.
If it won't power on, then your battery is the most likely cause, not the controller. Based on the limited info you've provide, the controller should do what you need it to.

If you had wires actually melt on the motor, it means there were signfiicant currents flowing, and that can damage a battery, or wiring from it to the system.

If you are willing to troubleshoot the system with steps we suggest and report back the actual results in detail, as well as answer all of the previous questions asked, we can help you find the problems and fix them.

Beyond that, I can only recommend replacing parts with whatever you feel will work for you until the system does what you want.

(since without all of the info requested, we can't know what is wrong to suggest correct replacement parts).

Back