Bafang 750W Luna - Faulty Controller?

Patchogue

10 mW
Hi Folks,

just started working on this bike that is equiped with a Bafang 750W Luna (is this a BBS02?)

The bike owner allows his friends to use his bike up and down a rough track (steep and offroad). No one knows when it stopped working or why.
I did a few checks and before I open the controller I would like to read some opinions, just in case I'm not missing something here.

Looms > ok
Throttle > ok
Speed Sensor > ok
C965 Display > ok (no errors or faults and it works with Luna's password)
Read and Write Flash > ok
Battery > ok

Tried with new looms, new components that are working and the problem remains the same.

Basically, the system turns on, doesn't throw any faults. When I pedal it on the stand, nothing happens. Throttle applied and nothing happens. I can hear a very small buzzing sound from the controller when the PAS or Throttle are applied, buzzing sounds stops as soon as I stop rotating the pedals or using the throttle. I also tried without any GearSensor or BrakeSensor or Throttle connected, just in case that there was an interference.

After a few attempts (more than 10), it happened twice that when I turned the system on, the PAS was activated for a couple of seconds with a small burst of power and then it died. Makes me believe that the motor is fine (it sounded fine) and the controller has a strange fault.

My next step is to open the controller and see if there's a physical fault in it. And/Or try with a new controller.

I read a few posts before I wrote this, some were about the throttle issue or voltage issue. I don't think any of the issues I read before are related with this.

Thanks in advance for reading this ;)

Back