Bafang DPC-18 Display problem

alijohdav

1 µW
I have just purchased 3 Bafang mid drive kits with Bafang DPC-18 Displays. However the DPC-18 display settings have changed. The Speed limit and Tyre size are now in the Information section and not the display section. I cannot either access Speed limit and Tyre size as they are greyed out? Can anybody help? There is no information anywhere on the net.

I'm afraid I don't have much useful information, just some speculation based on a few previous "locked display" threads.

It's possible the ones you've got have been "locked", and either were made for a specific system or OEM, or simply have a password on them. I don't know how to access the password-protected stuff, but there have been a few threads about various displays that were locked in this way, and some of them can be gotten around, and some cannot. :(

If the stuff in "information" is not normally changeable settings, then those two things being in that category probably does mean they are locked, so its' just showing you what they are set to at the factory.

I expect the problem is non in the display itself, but rather the controller where these settings are actually stored...but I don't know.

I agree with what you say. The suppliers tell there may be a software fix. All very frustrating as getting anything for bikes is hard to get during this pandemic.Thanks

Here is the problem I have a Bafang 500watt 48v rear hub and an LD-FXK CONTROLLER with a dpc18 display i have set the maximum speed to 99km in the display but the bike will not go faster than 20km per hour what's stopping it, could it be the wheel size in the settings .and another thing even though only travelling 20kmph it shows 99km on the display any ideas please

Bafang mid-drive gets its speed signal from an external wheel magnet sensor. See what happens if you remove the magnet from the spoke or disconnect it. Obviously, you'll get zero speed indicated, but it should then work without speed limit until any sleep timer kicks in, though I don't think Bafang has sleep mode, so you should be OK.

Check the motor connector(s) and see if it has 5 or 6 small pins/conductors. Since it's a geared hub, it's likely to have 6, 5 for the halls, and one for an internal speed sensor (geared hubs require a speed sensor, since while coasting no hall signal is present, which it what many controllers rely on for speed sensing). If it has 6, and your DPC-18 has no other adjustments for calculating speed except for the wheel diameter parameter.
As far as a speed limit goes, the easiest way to tell if there is a limit is to lift the hub off the ground and see what the no load speed is. If it's higher than 20, then it's not limited by the controller.

Back