BAFANG M625 PROGRAMMING

Angelo

10 µW
Hi there communtity:)

I am a bike tourer trying to decide between the Bafang BBSHD and new Bafang M625, the latter way more restricted about programming and it only allows to use Bafang batteries and/or specified nominal voltage batteries from the same brand, but not sure about it since there is not much information available nor Bafang says nothing on their website regarding this motor. Even it does not appear in the listing of motors they show, just M615 (BBSHD).

I read about the interface CAN BUS (Besst tool), a software from Bafang but not clear if it's possible to adjust power levels and other parameters for free since there is not much information available.

As I mentioned, my idea is to travel extensively using solar panels and I want to have flexibiility and easiness when programming any motor, but also being able to use any batteries of my choice and have the best motor quality overall. I would appreciate if you guys could shed any light on this matter. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Angel

Bafang M625
From where I sit the best choice would be to avoid the M625 in favor of the BBSHD and its readily available .el files for testing and open source. Proprietary batteries will be an issue. Although there is a have using the BBSHD controller on the M625

Last edited:
From where I sit the best choice would be to avoid the M625 in favor of the BBSHD and its readily available .el files for testing and open source. Proprietary batteries will be an issue. Although there is a have using the NNShd controller on the M625
Thanks tomjasz for your advice, I figured out reading a bit that the most convenient motor by now is BBSHD. Most of the people I asked were in sympathy with your thoughts.

Cheers,

Angelo

pretty soon there will be some upgrades for the 625, Mr High Voltage on youtube and some others are working on getting stuff working with the Can Bus system, and also the Ultra if you have a frame to fit, is a bigger bafang motor and i would be curious to see what some hot rodding on those both will do. I'm confident that they aren't the only ones working towards some resolutions that will help the DIY community.

pretty soon there will be some upgrades for the 625, Mr High Voltage on youtube and some others are working on getting stuff working with the Can Bus system, and also the Ultra if you have a frame to fit, is a bigger bafang motor and i would be curious to see what some hot rodding on those both will do. I'm confident that they aren't the only ones working towards some resolutions that will help the DIY community.
Hey Mr 247,

Ok, I'll pay attention to it and no doubt there will be solutions for hacking the new motor but who knows if the M625 project will continue on or Bafang will desist and discontinue it.
At the moment the best solution in my opinion is way easier. and it's to pick the already existing and well known BBSHD with the open source software.
Let's see what happens. Thanks.

Cheers mate!

agreed, its proven to be a fav to hotrod and find parts for

So where are you planning to take this epic bike ride and ebikes.ca has that water proof adjustable charger made to be mounted to your bike. I have the 72v model and reading about it now.

So where are you planning to take this epic bike ride and ebikes.ca has that water proof adjustable charger made to be mounted to your bike. I have the 72v model and reading about it now.
Hi,

Planning to join the Sun Trip when possible.. and Mongolia would be a dream. Let's see what happens.
I read about the device that you mentioned, it's the cycle satiator. The cycle analyst is worth it as well!

Have an M625 on a TerraTrike Rover. Had to purchase extensions from Ebay. I like that it starts out slower in Mode 1, like a normal trike would, and gets up to 14 MPH. Occasionally I will hop into Mode 2 for more speed, yet I am not a fan of ghosting.

Was hoping someone by now would of found a way to adjust the assist levels in the other modes. Where I live 25 MPH is maximum speed limit. Mode 2 gets me there. Have no use for any higher modes that I am aware of. Would rather build up some muscles with various stepping of assist. *sigh*

Back