Balance Charge or Bulk Charge - 24 Volt 6S4P pack

dnmun said:
no, it would not be good to have more wires exposed that were directly tied to the battery cells. the risk of shorting is essentially 100% and they would be insane to sell a battery built like that.

too bad this guy never explained to you that you have to charge to full charge to get the BMS to balance the pack.

Good point. Haven't thought of shorting out balance leads.

Either ways, I am very Happy with my Leed eKit. Their customer service is simply steller (I have received so much support from wheel truing, free spokes, Q&A, parts availability, servicing, etc. These are all very important when building ebikes. My local bike shop wont' even touch these wheels due to specialized hub and dishing requirement i guess). Anyways, It's a bit out of topic, and I am not sure how Leed came into mix, but I can see it's mostly due to my ignorance. I did not intend to bash Leed batteries at all.

I suppose getting back to the topic, the answer is, yes, you can bulk charge the batteries if you monitor the whole pack and not exceed the Maximum rating of the pack. A safe rule of thumb would be to charge at the Nominal voltage, and unplug the charger immediately. There are pros and cons to this, but the cons way outnumber the pros, so this would never be advisable by any means.

And to celebrate my 1st eBike kit, I am attaching some pics of my scooty. This little machine is a torque beast. This 24 volt Leed rear wheel eBike kit way exceeded my expectation (And did I say Miles?). The max speed is around 16 MPH, but I will get almost twice the range of a 48 volt kit using the same amount of juice or less :)

My ebike:

Attachments

• IMG_0424s.jpg
    IMG_0424s.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0425s.jpg
    IMG_0425s.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 220
Back