battery configuration

Speedfreke

100 W
Looking into 48v 30ah ping battery.
He sells these batteries in 2 sections joined by a connector wire with 5 amp charger. I'm not sure what each section is composed of but I'm waiting for email from him.
He also sells 48v 15ah batteries and 24v 30ah batteries.
What's the best way to go? Buy the original above pre-joined in 2 sections or buy 2 packs and join them together myself?

you need to determine how and where you will mount it. that is about 4.3 times the size of a 36V10A pack so you need to determine where it will fit on the bike and how to cope with the mass.

since you are not familiar with the packs, you should let him do the work for you according to how you will mount it. he will have the right to restrict warranty service if you rewire it yourself even though he is generous to a fault and will help you no matter what you do to it.

you will need a big case to fit that battery and not between your leg :lol: I have a 36 ah 15 ah between my leg and its just ok but more then that I can't pedal :D

I think you can use to battery and put them on a rack each side with bags or case

Yes that is what I intend to do- put one on each side of a rear rack. I'm already ued to that with the old 72V 12Ah SLA batteries and the weight will be about the same. Anybody know what size (V, Ah) the split battery pack is? What kind of connector is used on ping batteries to controller? Will it hook up with C'lyte 40 amp controller?

Either the split 30 amp 48v pack or the two 15 ah packs. Two 15 ah 48v packs have a few advantages, charging a 30 amp hour pack at 2 amps will take about 16 hours for one, so two packs and two chargers cuts that in half. Chargers fry constantly so two is a good idea even if you go for the 30 ah pack. Also a problem with one pack doesn't affect the other, so you could still do some riding with just one. Series connecting bms controlled packs is more risky than paralelling, so forget 24v packs.

The ping will come with bare wires, so get some andersons to connect to the controller. Powerwerks is my source for em.

So 2- 48V 15Ah batteries in parallel with Andersons. I read somewhere that lifep04 don't always work well in parallel that a diode or something between them is required?

Ping sent me two diodes when I ordered my last 48v 15Ah pack so I could run it in parellel with my 10Ah. They are very nicely made. The V2.5s are real nice. I like the Signalab bms it has lights that come on when each cell is fully charged. Also the charger is real good so far. I own a Soneill too so I only use the Ping charger every 5th time or so. But so far so good. Here's a pic. of those diodes.l_d2953f0af111452d9e5f0b27c700e3c6.jpgl_dca62ad0d4c445399820e43e85239165.jpgAlso here's a link to my post about parelleling batterieshttp://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13154

Back