• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

BBSHD or CYC X1 Stealth Gen 1?

r0b3rz

10 mW
Hello.
I am building a enduro bike (2020 Cube Stereo 170 as donor). I already got a BAFANG BBSHD but I can buy a CYC X1 Stealth Gen 1 with 80 miles for 400 USD.

What do you think guys? I have experience with Bafang but never try a CYC.

Thank you.

definitely bbshd if you want a reliable mid drive, sadly without torque sensor.
i would not recommend the stealth gen 1, its old and the newest is gen 3 or 4 if i recall.
if you want cyc, then i can only recommend brand new with warranty

Hello.
I am building a enduro bike (2020 Cube Stereo 170 as donor). I already got a BAFANG BBSHD but I can buy a CYC X1 Stealth Gen 1 with 80 miles for 400 USD.

What do you think guys? I have experience with Bafang but never try a CYC.

Thank you.
Generally do not buy anything from CYC. I personally have STEALTH gen1. and I managed to kill 3 torque sensors within 6000 km.
I you want bafang with torque sensor then take a look at Toseven DM01.

From what I’ve learnt along the way , if you’re a bike rider who wants to pedal the CYC is the winner . Torque sensing is instantaneous in response to pedal input, unlike cadence sensing . I’ve had trouble with one of my torque sensors in the past . It turned out to be the right hand side bearing . Replaced it with an ABEC 5 , all good .

If you’re a bike rider who wants to motorbike it everywhere , the Bafang wins . Torque sensing doesn’t matter if you’re using a throttle . Your chainline will be bad as well , but that won’t matter because you’ll only be using the smaller sprockets . You’re cranks will be offset , same as before , it won’t matter .

From what I’ve learnt along the way , if you’re a bike rider who wants to pedal the CYC is the winner . Torque sensing is instantaneous in response to pedal input, unlike cadence sensing . I’ve had trouble with one of my torque sensors in the past . It turned out to be the right hand side bearing . Replaced it with an ABEC 5 , all good .

If you’re a bike rider who wants to motorbike it everywhere , the Bafang wins . Torque sensing doesn’t matter if you’re using a throttle . Your chainline will be bad as well , but that won’t matter because you’ll only be using the smaller sprockets . You’re cranks will be offset , same as before , it won’t matter .

definitely bbshd if you want a reliable mid drive, sadly without torque sensor.
i would not recommend the stealth gen 1, its old and the newest is gen 3 or 4 if i recall.
if you want cyc, then i can only recommend brand new with warranty

Generally do not buy anything from CYC. I personally have STEALTH gen1. and I managed to kill 3 torque sensors within 6000 km.
I you want bafang with torque sensor then take a look at Toseven DM01.

Thank you all guys for the answers!

Better, no more complications because already got the BBSHD. But the cons is the motor hang down due the shape of the frame.

I was thinking maybe in my next building go with the CYC X1 Pro, but maybe change the controller and battery of the BBSHD. But it will be in one or two years :)

Back