BBSHD stuck at 6.5 Amp

mariohermann

10 µW
Hi all,

Just wanted to post on an issue with my BBSHD that I'm stuck with and see if there are any ideas.

I had no issues with the motor for about 2000 miles running it with max 25 amp on PAS and 30 amp on throttle.
Now after running the motor for about an hour and voltage of the battery dropping below 53V or so the BBSHD won't go above 6.5 amp (both throttle and PAS settings 5-9).

I first thought it's an issue with EggRider PAS and speed limit settings corrupting the firmware as described here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWGmcXwHvmU

but it's probably something else (no error codes on the EggRider).

After not using the bike for a couple of days and reconnecting a 90% charged 52V battery sometimes resolves the issue but then it comes back when battery voltage drops. I'm seeing the same issue with two different 52V batteries. Both batteries work fine with a hub motor on another bike.

I re-flashed the BBSHD firmware, connected the battery at about 53V and the motor is still stuck at 6.5 amp.

So I can't really make any sense of this...

Is there something like a safe mode the BBSHD goes into when a sensor or something breaks?
Couldn't find any info on that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quick update on this issue...
Did another test run after the BBSHD came back to full power. This time after running it on the highest PAS setting for 5 - 10 min it gradually lost power and settled around 6 Amp again. The motor seemed to be cutting out this time as well. I guess it's just RIP BBSHD after about 2000 miles.

Back