BBSHD with V1 Ludicrous on Hybrid Bike

Dorosko

1 mW
I'm fairly new to this so I'm looking for some advice. I have the motor on a hybrid bike with hydraulic disk brake and 700c x 40 tires. I have two batteries in parallel right now. One is 35e batteries with only 14.5ah and the other is 30q with 18ah. Not idea but it's what I had sitting around. I needed the extra amps to max out my system. Next is I've got only a 46t chainring (11-36t in the rear) but I've got a 52 on the way. I was able to achieve 45mph on flat ground with peddling and likely could have gotten another mph or two but I got scared. I plan to install 38 wide smooth tires and reprogram the controller to put out 60amps. Ideally, I'd like a battery that will safely put out 60amps. So for those who have been and done this, does this sound like a reasonable setup, am I missing anything. What cadence should the motor be at? I know the no load rpm is way up there, but what's the RPM where the highest power output is?
One last question, I'm terrified of having a tire blow out. Any suggestions for a tire setup that will protect me from that? Thanks

Attachments

• 20220905_134013.jpg
    20220905_134013.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot_20220905-164240_Ulysse Speedometer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-164240_Ulysse Speedometer.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 332
Dorosko said:
One last question, I'm terrified of having a tire blow out. Any suggestions for a tire setup that will protect me from that?

My first EBike came to a sudden end when I hit a deep pot hole at high speed. I was lucky in that there were no broken bones, just a lot cuts, abrasions and blood. My point being that regardless of the cause of accident, one is safer at bicycle speeds than higher speeds. Best advice for safety is to slow down.

That definitely occurred to me. Part of the entertainment is the challenge of the build. I'd say my fat tire ebike that went 30-32 was more entertaining and more like biking. This thing is like a small flimsy motorcycle.

Back