bearing replacement for Bafang BPM 36V500W hub motor

jhinshel

1 µW
I have four questions:

1. I would like to replace the larger case bearing of a Bafang BPM 36V500W hub motor. The bearing assembly has disintegrated and I'm not sure how to extract the remaining parts. Could anyone suggest how to remove this?

2. Does anyone know the bearing type for this so that I can order another?

3. The smaller case bearing seems OK but it may make sense to replace this to. Can someone suggest the type and how to remove?

4. the whole motor assembly was full of mud. I will replace the clutch and planetry gears. I'm wondering how to make sure the motor is properly sealed from water ingress because this motor does not seem to have seals to prevent this.

4. the whole motor assembly was full of mud. I will replace the clutch and planetry gears. I'm wondering how to make sure the motor is properly sealed from water ingress because this motor does not seem to have seals to prevent this.
A good silicon sealant would take care of this but be careful, sealing it can also cause it to fill up with water if there is an entry point and nowhere to drain.

Worst case you can always grab a caliper and measure. Bearings are sold in common sizes (OD, ID, width).

Googling BPM bearings reveals two different sizes, 6002RS and 6902RS

Both linked below with the sizes, so you can measure what you have and compare if you can’t read the bearing code on your existing ones.

Flange sealant on the cover also and between the inner bearings and axle will help to keep the water and mud out.

The bearings are sealed so should be ok.

The bearings are:
6805RS (x2), 6904RS and 6810RS and there is an oil seal.
I would like to replace the planetary gears and clutch. The gears are 42T - all I seem to be able to find are 36T gears - any suggestions?

Back