• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

BH ebike batts (emotion/neo/etc) and replacing their bms

RevHead

1 mW
Now I've been fiddling with batteries for a few years now, repairing, repacking, testing, custom building but I've struck an issue with some of the factory made ebikes that have unique bms modules which talk to the controller in a way that prevents their replacement with a standard bms.
Has anyone had a go at either
1.) Finding a supplier of replacement bms ?
2.) Finding a work around to enable a standard bms to work in a BH bike ?
3.) Finding a controller that will accept the torque sensor signal rather than replacing it with a cadence sensor?

There is one wire that is connected to a pin which connects to the bike's controller. I don't know what voltage or signal is being fed back. Can the controller be tricked into accepting a battery using a generic bms?

I have 5 of these batteries, all with failed bms (some will discharge but not charge) and 3 customers awaiting a fix.

Thank you to all the Endless Sphere peeps for your valued input.
Cheers

I have contacted Jet Black, the former importers of BH ebikes and theysaid they have received little support from BH regarding the bikes and as such now no longer are the distributers in Oz.
I emailed BH Spain and have received no reply.
On the battery packs is a Taiwanese company name, HiTech Energy. I have looked for a website or a contact and so has my Chinese supplier I use for all things electric and she had no luck tracking down the company.
It seems they dont want to be found.
Any leads, ideas, links, etc would be gratefully received

If I find a solution, I'll post it so others don't have to go through the pain of reinventing the bms.
Many thanks

RevHead, did you ever get any info on the BMS ? My BH BMS has failed which is frustrating.

I'm sure I did find a HiTech Energy website several years back but all I can find now is
https://www.taiwantrade.com/company/td-hitech-energy-inc-313851.html#

Back