Bike #2: How many Headways can a Greyborg hold. Video added!

Yes a great big 10 000km on this bike. I'm using it most days to get to work now, that's a 23km each way ride, so the km's add up fast:

390 rides
10 002km
2134 amp hours = 177.5 kWh's

Add 20% for charger inefficiency and taking an average electricity price for the last 3 years and you get about R180 (about $15) spent on electricity for 10 000km riding (actually less as I charge at the office half the time...)!

The bike has been as reliable as a Swiss watch. All that's gone wrong is 3 punctures, 1 in the front and two in the back. Ironically, two of the punctures were from my anti puncture strip wearing through the tube. That said, I have pulled a bunch of glass and steel out of the tyre which didn't get through the puncture strip, so it probably stopped more than it cause. Next time though, I'll be going ghetto tubeless. Punctures always happen at the worst time!

Still getting a huge a grin every time I ride. It's faster to get home than taking the car and sitting in traffic. Also I'm healthier, fitter, and don't get that damn awful road rage unless I have to take my car for some reason. The annoying window washers and car guards leave me alone, I never have to search for parking anywhere, and don't have a hernia every time the petrol price goes up. Plus it helps me get home in a far better mood, so the wife is far happier :)

I have cycled 5 000 miles and then I cycled 5000 more could you believe a bike could do 10 000 miles before?
6dC33KnbA33rv_pVcSahuNdLA_H0balp71lHi2gaWtQVhhgubjX5iYvkTQbT8b4lOJJkSCcKveie5aw21X5IIycalacf9lAkYVhcV-oKaTk6kgKE2vfKEnb9y2Cq9oJwzyh40B5b1Lel_1_5E17LZf4l5cAGAcgmj_HcakyoYBTdWwbYr13EMgs-tJouX8H4nbrcBWuToh_nEl5xTgksP79RqEpOQMo7FC62bpP9d9bRMrl3ON2adiFAsdiJHTyBB60SPtu_o8IR7D8stWWkLTd0vQkD9e9rbDPeuTWLK6iyllBSG809lwxB-VREKTcgGWLXHJ96r6ehMU4hyUswkz1YdSHFYuAIsj_8UwH6evwEriMjD4x9isqV1aFpKdgURsL7re7kGP8lF42eXSoZVSzPsEPH8wTObHpy5e0Ct8bsUYPd629wPFPOgeoHwnid5fWSfnnJYLDgxMbTD1VvAtpGw69acQ7Su1abXHbbFPUXP0wzZtYkoRyllL6AqJ-BlCq6fZA5jJnVYdIFVkG8a0xDigBv7iw5_LQIVp2A2kOOzlVU37pAHmbtT91WB2CfOfbPwMrseDCQiPmRFEnWwQgbE84wAixS-b8Jh4LbfoW7JxIKDmxA3vW1Q5bK6gW2H_vv80u-fKfdu86A14Mz55oyKi3uAFlzJ3-26wJdK4UAgaA=w1225-h919-no

Still love this bike. The main cover still hasn't been opened. All that's gone wrong three broken spokes on the front wheel, and countless punctures until I went tubeless. None since. I do manage to wear through brake pads at a rapid rate though.

patrickza said:
I have cycled 5 000 miles and then I cycled 5000 more could you believe a bike could do 10 000 miles before?
Yeah; my CrazyBike2 has more than 10,000 miles on it. :)

Still love this bike. The main cover still hasn't been opened. All that's gone wrong three broken spokes on the front wheel, and countless punctures until I went tubeless. None since. I do manage to wear through brake pads at a rapid rate though.
Wish I could say the same for mine...but given that mine's made of recycled junk and re-engineered periodically it's not too surprising. ;)

Headways are lasting very long when you don't exceed their C rate. Your 10,000 miles are only the begining. My guess is that you will beat the 30 k miles before feeling performance loss. There has to be some advantage to endure the extra weight. :wink:

amberwolf said:
Wish I could say the same for mine...but given that mine's made of recycled junk and re-engineered periodically it's not too surprising. ;)
Haha, I can see why it's called Crazybike!

MadRhino said:
Headways are lasting very long when you don't exceed their C rate. Your 10,000 miles are only the begining. My guess is that you will beat the 30 k miles before feeling performance loss. There has to be some advantage to endure the extra weight. :wink:
That would be cool. I only do at best 4000 miles a year, so that would be a very good lifespan :)

I'm already dreaming about replacing all the cells with Tesla 2170's and getting quadruple the range, but there's no need to with these cells doing so well.

Back