• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

BionX D500 DV Information

BigBird

100 mW
I have recently found data on the latest and most powerful Bionx D500 DV system.
I had dismissed Bionx based on the relatively weak power of the earlier systems BUT it appears this one is a BIG step up on the torque output and is relatively light.

I LOVE that it has built in torque sensing pedelectric assist control (which I have found to be a very good technology in my eBike with the new Bosh 350W system).

It also has a cassette (vs freewheel) drive which allow use of up to speed cassettes which are available in very wide gear ranges (like 11-36)

I haven't seen any independent testing, etc.

I'd appreciate any comments on this system from folks that have experience with it.
Also IF anyone know of a source of independent testing that would be appreciated as well.

BionX uses a 48V 30A Controller, which gives plenty of power for my needs. The 250W sticker is very helpful to build a legal Pedelec in the EU and has nothing to do with its real power...

The D500 DV also has a 250W sticker in EU (and a 500W sticker if used in speed-pedelecs).

All use 48V 30A controllers.

You usually need a hacked software to get maximum power and speed.

If you understand German you can look here: http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?forums/bionx.25/

It's called the BionX D (or d) Motor over here.

Back