BionX motor/console

towodi63m

1 mW
Hello Scooterman,

I wired the L battery into the M battery. I now have the problem of the battery waking by itself. Connected to the console, it flashes about every second and not connected it flashes about every five seconds for about two seconds. Any ideas about what is causing this?

Thanks,
Towodi63m

I know nothing about Bionx , since I found out some 10 years ago they had proprietary components. So I just ignored any thought of getting one of their products .

I thought you were looking to get a cheep hub motor and use the battery from the Bionx kit on that new motor ?

Please get me up to date on what exactly you are trying to do, as I have read others say that it is best to just shelve Bionx products once a part their system is defective .

You are the Veteran in Gainsville , looking to get into a tadpole trike ?

towodi63m said:
Hello Scooterman,

I wired the L battery into the M battery. I now have the problem of the battery waking by itself. Connected to the console, it flashes about every second and not connected it flashes about every five seconds for about two seconds. Any ideas about what is causing this?

Thanks,
Towodi63m

Yes to all. Since the tadpoles are so expensive and batteries for the bionx are as well, for now I just wired the two batteries (one as the battery in the original RMB box the other I took the Cells only) in parallel to form one battery. This will work for the time being as i like and need the actual assist function of the BionX motor, and the regen function is nice as well. A Tadpole frame setup would certainly help me, but you have to make do sometimes when youre on a very fixed income. lol I have seen several front and rear hub kits on amazon for around $150 or so, of course non with the regen function. That alone would not be a deal breaker but its nice since I have it right now. When something else goes wrong with this setup I will abandon the BionX system all together for possibly a mid drive set up. I've been hearing a lot about them and how much better they are, especially for someone like me. In either case I will already have 100 good 18650 cells to build a new battery from for that new setup. :lol:

Regardless any and all help is always appreciated.
Thank you!

Towodi

Ok, and I see you are up late.

Going on Memory from some of what you wrote on the other thread I will address your other concern's / wishes.

1) you want to get a tadpole trike .
2) you are paraplegic but have been using a tens unit for 10 years , which I forgot what benefit you get from it , besides not loosing muscle tone ?
3) you want to move out of Gainsville . ( I have been there twice since I had a cousin that had a house on a couple of acres just outside of Gainsville.
4) The VA in Gainsville is not doing much for you in regards to getting on a trike , feel free to list any other items as well that they are lacking in.

Ok
So first about the tadpole trike, but since I do not know how you got injured , and where exactly is the injury that took away your ability to walk,
I will use myself as an example to help explain why a tadpole might not be the best design , even though I know you need to be in and/or on a stable 3 wheel vehicle/bicycle.
I have a bad back injury, however it did not sever the spinal cord so I can walk, well sort of . I an in constant pain , I must pay attention each second of how I am sitting, and am aware of the feeling or rather the lack of feeling in one of my lower legs and foot .
I have been wanting a tadpole trike for nearly 20 years now , thinking it would be more comfortable, and lately thinking about the future when my balance will not be so good.
So While at the VA in Palo Alto, Ca. I told the social worker/councilor at the Poly Trama Center that I was probably needing to get into a trike but do not have the money to buy one. She said that there in Palo Alto , part of the rehabilitation services to injured Vets is a Bicycle Program.
So they set me up with an appointment, they have a class once a week where a group of Vets meet there and they go for a ride, they have every kind of bicycle you can think of , since there are many kinds of injuries.
The first time you meet with the instructor / Physical Therapist and do a private session to try out different bikes to see what works best for you with your individual injuries / needs.
I tried out two different tadpole trikes made by Catrike ( located not far from you ) one had 16 or was it 20 inch wheels , and the other was one with a 700c rear wheel, that was more laidback , a racing tadpole.
Both were uncomfortable because of my back injury and neck / cervical stenosis , and .. they re-injured one of my knees.
You see with a laid back trike you push with your legs/knees, since I also have inflammation/arthritis old knee injuries, pushing down on the pedals is bad for my knee.
With an upright bike I always have to ride with Specific Bicycle Shoes with the cleats and must clip into the pedals , even going down a city block. I ride by pulling up with my legs/Quads, and just relax my leg and knee on the down stroke while pulling up with the opposite leg.
While there I did eye a delta trike , but we were out of time and it was in the far back of the storage unit and many other bikes would have to be moved to get to it. I will try it sometime in the future, but this time I will use my Shoes with cleats and the matching pedals.

On a different day at the VA Hospital I was talking with someone that works there and asked where there are other VA Hospital's around the country that would be good, since I often think of where else in the country I could live.
He said there are only 3 really good VA Hospitals in the whole country, two were in areas back East where I do not want to live, one I think was in or near Washington DC. the other was North of there in an even colder climate, and the Third and one of the Best he said is right there in Palo Alto.
Another interesting fact for you is that the VA Hospital in Palo Alto has one of the best Poly-Trama centers in the whole country, and that many Vets are sent there from the VA centers in their home town/city.
So
Do you think your Doctor will write up a recommendation for you to go to Palo Alto VA for rehabilitation ? They should, if not then you have one of the providers that our President wants out of the V.A. System. ( I have noticed that the service at the V.A. has gotten much better since President Trump signed that order to get rid of service providers that are not doing their job properly.
From what little you have written I think, in fact I am pretty sure you qualify to be sent to Palo Alto . If you lived here you would be given the chance to ride a tadpole/delta trike at least once a week . Of course the V.A. will not buy one for you, or me , but you can use one that they own .

This post has gotten long, so to find out where you can stay while in the Palo Alto area, and Housing Help, PM me . ( Private Message ) me.
I will get back to you within a couple of days.

Back