• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Blown GM controller, need to identify transistor

Karolis

10 W
It is blown Golden Motor 1000W controller (FETs 75nf75). Green and yelow phases were in accident connected on full power (12AWG 5cm shunt :D 20s5p a123 (no fuse :( )). Found out that yelow phase high side fets and green phase low side fets are blown. Also found that transistor in package SOT23 (I believe it is ment to be for driving low side fets) shows conductivity. Maybe someone has GM controller's schemtic or know what kind of transistor it may be? The blown transistor's place is in the red circle, and equivalent transistor of the blue phase in yelow circle. Transistor has only Y2 name on it.
PS. don't pay attention to fets cutted trace.

There are PNP 1.5A 25V BJTs. They are out of stock on digikey, but here is a similar BJT.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=568-5068-1-ND

It is a bit larger and may result in a stronger driver, I suggest if you replace it for one phase, you do so for all of them or else you will get an unbalanced controller.

you can use mouser and use the comparison page. i found the chinese knockoffs sometimes have a clue about the western part they copied, but they change the part number enuff to avoid copyright infringement.

if it has the same characteristics, i don't see a need to swap the others, and jim just bot some of the 75n75 off ebay and i have a few here that he gave me to repair his BMS. i have some surface mount 3906 and 3904 too if you can use 40-60hfe.

Back