BMSBattery Alloy Shell 900W

sacko said:
chroot said:
Seriously, I just followed Methods, He abused LiPo battery down to 3v which is often out of balance and all he was bulk charging thru the HVC module to bring back to 4.2v. He never balancing his LiPo pack for years and he mentioned that he decide to check his LiPo balance. WOW they are within 10mv! :lol:

That's what I am doing same foot step as what Methods is doing his products perform as supposed be.

I will most likely end up with the same setup, didn't realise people were getting good results without balancing their packs.

The BMS does look like a really neat solution though...

So you think the Icahrger 3010B could?........... :wink: You know what i'm talking about.. Please PM me asap

Doc

Ended up going with the BMS from BesTech, seems a steal at $73 dollars shipped to the UK.

I will also go for the 900w bulk charger from BMS battery.

What about these two websites with different chargers: http://www.bmsbattery.com/37-ebike-charger and http://www.all-battery.com/1-5S_lifep04_charger.aspx
They are LiFePO4 but they both have Li-Ion and LiPO as well. Which one do you think is the most reliable of them?
I have a 5S9P A123 battery pack who has a BMS already, I just need a charger now. :D Can I bulk-charge safely having a BMS?

sacko said:
Ended up going with the BMS from BesTech, seems a steal at $73 dollars shipped to the UK.

I will also go for the 900w bulk charger from BMS battery.

i think these 24S lipo BMSs will be fairly common once people know about them and how cheap they are for what they do. 80A is more than most motors can handle though.

did they ask you what voltage you wanted for the LVC?

i have one of those 240V EMC-1000 chargers here and they are really well built imo. huge ICL on one phase. must be rated at 15A. 30mm in diameter almost.

I wasn't given a choice, just two spec sheets to choose from.

You can either have

50amp charge, 50 amp discharge 24s BMS
or
20amp charge, 80 amp discharge 24s BMS

I opted for the latter.

Attachments

• 24S 5050 D131 datasheet.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 74
  • 24S 6020 D131 Datasheet.pdf
    163.3 KB · Views: 33
Didn't cross my mind to be honest.

Is it worth asking them to change the HVC to 4.15v if possible, or will 4.2v be fine?

Ill be ordering my charger from BMS battery, configured as follows.

C21A606B-6A97-4627-8B40-C4E4FCF3C3AD-7651-000005DAA79758D9_zpse3f28b3c.jpg

I spoke to Henry Zhang earlier and the communication was faultless. Good English, and replies within 5 minutes.

Maybe worth sending him an email.

do not ask for 3.5 as the LVC. that is just silly. but you don't wanna go down to the 2.3 or 2.5V they also offer. 2.7 is where the cell is totally discharged. so when it hits that at LVC it will rebound to 3V. send them an email or better would be to call back and ask. i think they must keep them stocked at the different options so it would be helpful to call i bet.

i second that. set the bms to BATTERY's low and high voltage. not to the voltage boarders you want to stay in. if you ever decide, or have the need to squeeze the last tiny bit out of the battery, then you'll be happy that your BMS overrides your decision. the BMS's responsibility is to SAFE the battery from harm. and 2.7V is SAFE for lipo.

Cell_Man (Paul), He told me that kingpans charger are piece of crap and he stopped offer these piece of sh*t charger. Right now, He is selling LTX chargers offer the 3 switch different voltage set and He mentioned this new charger even allow you tweak lowest and maxmium voltage adjustment. Even said superior quality charger.

60 bucks for this charger. Look bottom 4 LTX chargers

Here the info. em3ev chargers

Code:
Example 10S charger

Our NCM/Li Ion Chargers come with a 3 position switch to set output voltage to 42V, 41V and 38V. This enables charging to approx 100%, 90% and 50% SOC. Regularly charging to 90% SOC will help to extend cycle life. Charging to 50% is recommended for battery storage.

Code:
Example 14S charger

Our NCM/Li Ion Chargers come with a 3 position switch to set output voltage to 58.8V, 57.4V and 53.2V. This enables charging to approx 100%, 90% and 50% SOC. Regularly charging to 90% SOC will help to extend cycle life. Charging to 50% is recommended for battery storage.

Code:
Example 17S charger

Our NCM/Li Ion Chargers come with a 3 position switch to set output voltage to 71.4V, 69.7V and 64.6V. This enables charging to approx 100%, 90% and 50% SOC. Regularly charging to 90% SOC will help to extend cycle life. Charging to 50% is recommended for battery storage.

Should have emailed previous to ordering;

As you know some customers are just interested in testing and adjusting the boards,they dont know how to do that correctly,that may damage the board and battery,so we decided to set up the parameter all before we ship.

Next time,please let me know in advance.

sacko said:
I wasn't given a choice, just two spec sheets to choose from.

You can either have

50amp charge, 50 amp discharge 24s BMS
or
20amp charge, 80 amp discharge 24s BMS

I opted for the latter.

have you received the BMS already? are you able to adjust those HVC and LVC by yourself? i ordered one, but they didn't ask me for desired values.

those chinese guys. i will never understand them.
i asked them:

me: I paid today. Could you please send me a manual? Can i programm low/high voltage values my self? Or do you do this?
Henry: Okay,Thanks
me: Could you please take the time and answer my questions regarding setup and manual?
henry: We will set up the parameters during our production,and our products will come together with the user manual.

so when are they supposed to ask for my desired LVC/HVC values?
they did sent a pdf with their standard values, lvc is 2.8v which is good for a lifepo4, but hvc is 4.28v, and overcharge release is 4.08v, which is ok for a lipo rc pack. man, man ...

I have been speaking with Henry via email today.

Hi Henry,

Hope all is well.

This only took 2 days to be delivered to me, many thanks 

I am a bit disappointed though that the voltages aren’t adjustable from my end. This should be made more clear on the website, as if it reads ‘adjustable’, I would presume I could adjust it.

I am concerned that the LVC and the HVC are the real limits of the battery, and I did not want to push them that far at all.

Ideally I wanted;

Low Voltage Detection – 2.7v
Balance Cell Voltage - 4.15v
High Voltage Detection - 4.2v

Is there any possibility I could adjust these my end at all?

his reply

No,you can not adjust the parameters,only we can do that.

If you know the circuit very well,you could change the components on the board,but you dont have the testing machines,this is the problem.

I have asked him to supply me with a quote for a BMS with the above parameters. I will update this post with his answer.

Thanks for your reply.

We can not meet you the exactly the parameters.

But we have similar ones,to ensure fully charge and discharge,we suggest the LVC and HVC to be 2.75+/-25mV and 2.5V+/-0.0625V.

The balancing voltage,we only have 4.2V.

those values seem like the values in my product paper. it seems i got a sheet with lipo values, but claiming lifepo4 on top of the page
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1174616/24S D131 LiFePO4 BesTech Power datasheet.pdf

this was my last mail to him:

You didn't ask for desired values for low/high voltage cut off. you sent me a sheet with hvc of 4.28v. this is WRONG. this is lipo value, and not lifepo4. Please send me the correct one, and set it for 80a discharge, not 60a. 2.8v low voltage cut off is too high. this is lipo value as well. please correct that as well.

Awaiting your reply and a correct data sheet.

we'll see. IF they would provide the correct (i guess) resistor values to set lvc/hvc i could live with that, but i don't want to mess with a preconfigured board if it could be correct from the very beginning, and is not just because of ignorance and hope for the fast money.

I also bought a LTX charger from em3ev.

Does anyone know which manufacturer em3ev get their charger from?

any weblink?

Some anecdotal findings about the EMC 1000:

One thing that I have done is purchased a Kill a Watt to measure the charger's draw from my wall. I put this on my power strip that has a switch, then plug in my EMC-1000 and flip it on, then connect the battery.

What I have noticed is that the EMC-1000 draws 800W Max during the CC portion and then you can see it drop steadily down to 60W during the CV portion when the green 'charged' light comes on. The fan also doesn't come on immediately. A bit scary the other day when I plugged in a pack that was only lightly discharged and the fan NEVER came on. But I think it was because it never hit 800 W for long enough. In fact, it was only around 400W max and tapered from there. I thought it was broken, but a subsequent deeper charge that started at 800W made the fan kick on in under a minute. So the fan seems to be temperature or draw controlled, I don't know enough to tell you.

What I can tell you is that the '1000W' charger only draws 800W, so don't expect it to pump any more than that into your pack after losses.

Back