Bosch Batteries

bosch battery .jpgok sounds good. Here is what I have so far. In the picture when
the 9;30 oclock gives me .016v when measured with the Neg
the 12 o'clock is the Neg
the 3 oclock is the positive but does not give out any voltage when battery off the bike.
the 6 oclock gives me .016V + when measured with the neg
the 7 oclock gives me nothing (seems to be the one that lines up with the 3rd contact on charging plug)

So I just have to figure out where the green and yellow wires go to that are broke on my connector. thanks

It seems like there was a design problem that caused it to fail in the first place. Once you figure out the wires, see if there is a way to prevent the wires from flexing around the connection.

I know this is an old thread, but did anybody ever find something out about the pinout and communication on the Bosch eco system?
For me it is interesting to reuse the Bosch e-bike without the battery as well as reusing the battery itself in different applications.

I know there are easiers systems to work with, as said on this topic, however, there are plenty of Bosch bikes around and so there batteries. So this is about reusing all of that.

I guess the battery is 10s NMC given the 18650 cells and 36v nominal voltage.

Apparently charging is pretty easy, as you have to apply 5volts to one of the pins, and after that you can charge. So it is fairly easy to charge it with something else, and you can also decide not to charge it to 100% with a different voltage (although we don't know the balancing threshold voltage)

But drawing power needs to communication and that seems to be CAN bus. I wasn't able to find if anybody already managed to check this out and replicate this. Perhaps I am using the wrong search terms, or nobody did this yet.

I have the same question as you these days and searched for information about that. As I know Bosch communication protocol is encrypted and no hacked yet. From big commercial Ebike systems only Yamaha can be hacked to use own made battery. So for me older second hand Bosch battery it not option. Replacement of battery can be more expensive from the price of whole bike.

Bosch has not been hacked yet that i know. You can refit old powerpacks easily with no cells. You don`t have to keep current on the BMS. But you have to keep the right sequence of plug and unplug the cables.

disconnect: first B+ -> balance plug small -> balancer plug large last B-

connect: first B- -> B+ -> balance large -> balance small . As soon as you connect + and - 1-5 LEDs (depending on the actual cell current) must light up for some seconds .

A battery reset should NOT be necessary. But in case: press the button for min 10 seconds. (This will not delete errors in the memory).

Younger batteries are way more difficult regarding cell refit. They are protected like mentioned or better. There are some batteries you can not open without destroying them.

When a BMS has died, you can not buy them as a spare. There are no clones from china. They have an eye on that.
Batteries are a huge business. They don`t want you to repair them for 200 bucks. They want you to buy a new one for 600-800.
When you look for used but working BMS for a powerpack on ebay+co, they ask 80-100 bucks.

If you want to use the cell pack for something else you have to change the BMS and then you can not use it in your BOSCH ebike.

If u want to use an ebike with BOSCH motor with a non-BOSCH battery, you have to bypass the controller and rewire the motor.
And use a different controler. In this case you could make the bike faster.

But all big brands keep it like this.

I'm charging bosch via satiator and grin bosch adapter. need to force start but it works and adapter is good quality.

Back