BRUSHLESS CASTERBOARD: Twin alien 6.4 kw and single 3.2 kw

didn`t see that, even when I looked for it tvice :)

oops, my bad, grainy video...
it does look possible to take off the side wheels,

Maybe caster front, carver rear.

not sure if its even possible to have the carver c7 in the back.
i think it would have way to much rear steer.

if you are aware of pumping/slalom on a skateboard,
its desirable to have less steering from the rear.
(if i ride my slalom board backwards, it rides badly)

sk8norcal:
not sure if its even possible to have the carver c7 in the back.
i think it would have way to much rear steer.

if you are aware of pumping/slalom on a skateboard,
its desirable to have less steering from the rear.
(if i ride my slalom board backwards, it rides badly)
Ok bad idea:) Just like the feel of a free rear. Maybe it could work if the carver truck had a much stiffer resistance spring. But the caster front, tierney rear is more interesting...

http://www.diy-robots.com/?p=1220

IMG_8351.jpg

sk8norcal: Wow!:) what you can find! How did you dig this out? I am not alone. The chrome translate does not do a good job.

Motors and drivetrain mounted:

Attachments

• DSC_0613.jpg
    DSC_0613.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 565
  • DSC_0614.jpg
    DSC_0614.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 565
  • DSC_0615.jpg
    DSC_0615.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 565
Temporary compromise board is on the road. The rear had to be almost fixed because the weight on the motor on that long arm was ruining the feel. Its surprisingly good to ride. Now it is only running 6S which is not enough. This board will soon get 8S and bigger gearing. This will do till I get more time to build a new board with 10S 2* 6374 motors in front of the wheels in the middle of rotation. Link to film: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152168033066253&comment_id=31033527&offset=0&total_comments=6&notif_t=video_comment

My friend testing the board taking a back plant:) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153758491095274&set=vb.674575273&type=2&theater
Do you guys have access to see the film?

After 2 seconds on the board he gave full trigger and just lost his balance. Luckily in low speed. The films are public and I can see them when I`m not logged into Facebook. When I try to upload the films to my computer from the phone its sideways, and when I rotate it in VLC media player it gets stretched. I will have to try youtube soon.
Next build is a true casterboard with both casters moving free and after that I want to build a single alien 7 kw motor casterboard for the beach. Only problem yet is to find small wide wheels and sand into the outrunner.

Finally some evidence that it is working. Movie on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Z0fCwdvLM&feature=youtu.be

xt wheels casterboard:
Top speed: 70 km/h
Range triggerhappy: 10 km maybe less
Range slow: 15 km
Batteries: 2* 5S Turnigy nano tech 8000mah 25-50C in series
2*6374 170 kv alien motors
twin 150 A alien esc
The acceleration is pretty insane. Its almost impossible to hit full trigger below 40 km/h even on medium acceleration setting. It goes up the steepest hills and feels like riding a motorcycle in power. The brakes feel good at 100 percent but sometimes I could use some more braking power. Maybe due to the high 14/30 gearing.
The electronics on the board is waterproof but the casterbearing is not sealed and gets stuck after riding in rain. I have to use sealed casterbearing on the next build.

Attachments

• waterproofing esc.jpg
    waterproofing esc.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,732
More pics:

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,732
  • under.jpg
    under.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,732
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,732
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,732
Next casterbuild will have:
Enertion 5 inch wheels
twin alien 300A 16S esc with 130 kv 6374 motors on 15S lipo.
I will probably also try twin 80100 180 kv 15S on the casterboard :D

I have started gathering parts for a brushless wakeboard which will probably have 2*80100 pluss 2* tp-100 motors. Giving 60 000 peak china watts :D

Attachments

• twin 300A 16S.jpg
    twin 300A 16S.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,732
  • brushless wakeboard parts.jpg
    brushless wakeboard parts.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,732
Great stuff man! You are riding a monster there. I like the 2 motors on one wheel idea. Keep us updated on the wakeboard!

Wow what a creation! havent seen anything like this before. Have you got any video going at 70km/h?

And that wakeboard project sounds awesome!

Have you got any video going at 70km/h?
I have tried to get some action on tape but it ends up with some shaky crap with bits of random pavement and sky. And it looks slow and not showing how insane it feels like riding it. Lost interest of taping but I will give it a try again. Would be cool to have a speedometer on top of the film. I will look into that.

Yes I think the wakeboard will be wild as long as it doesnt blow up and sinks with 100 lipo volts under my balls. I dont like jet drive because as soon as you come 1 mm above the water the thrust stops. But with a propeller you can get a good push out of the water as long as you have enough power.

This casterboard is insanely cool, be careful not crashing yourself on it :wink: There was somebody here who wanted to brushless freeskates, he should come take a look.

How is your protective gear feeling? I search something similar, is it efficient and can you still move with it? I thought of getting some motocross gear.

well, you got huge balls and luck on your side !

balls because you continue to pull the trigger when other stops and that's insane because its self empowerment and engagement. huge respect !
luck because we are riding RC stuff on a longboard, any electronical or mechanical issue (not from the trucks or the native longboard which is made for high speed), but for the added component which can be altered because non stop vibrations due to the road could send you to the closest hospital in a second.

honestly, I would call it insane.

for the protective gear, and after my first fall at 25mph due to electronics (either ESC or nunchuck, but it looked like a "top" or a signal failure), I went for the following gear which is stealthy and make you looks cool... and a bit bodybuilded.

- Troy Lee full BMX protection
TLD-BP7855-LongSleeve-Front_medium.jpg

- TSG Padded protective short
- Triple Eight (non full face because this will cause me problems while riding in Paris.... less stealthy for everyone) helmet - if only I could go for a ruroc rx1 helmet !
- gform knee protection pads

that's it ! goes perfectly under classic clothes and really light/respirant materials.

Back