BRUSHLESS CASTERBOARD: Twin alien 6.4 kw and single 3.2 kw

okp said:
- Troy Lee full BMX protection
TLD-BP7855-LongSleeve-Front_medium.jpg

- TSG Padded protective short
- Triple Eight (non full face because this will cause me problems while riding in Paris.... less stealthy for everyone) helmet - if only I could go for a ruroc rx1 helmet !
- gform knee protection pads

that's it ! goes perfectly under classic clothes and really light/respirant materials.

where did you buy the crash shirt? ,.you got a link?

okp said:
well, you got huge balls and luck on your side !

balls because you continue to pull the trigger when other stops and that's insane because its self empowerment and engagement. huge respect !
luck because we are riding RC stuff on a longboard, any electronical or mechanical issue (not from the trucks or the native longboard which is made for high speed), but for the added component which can be altered because non stop vibrations due to the road could send you to the closest hospital in a second.

honestly, I would call it insane.

for the protective gear, and after my first fall at 25mph due to electronics (either ESC or nunchuck, but it looked like a "top" or a signal failure), I went for the following gear which is stealthy and make you looks cool... and a bit bodybuilded.

- Troy Lee full BMX protection
TLD-BP7855-LongSleeve-Front_medium.jpg

- TSG Padded protective short
- Triple Eight (non full face because this will cause me problems while riding in Paris.... less stealthy for everyone) helmet - if only I could go for a ruroc rx1 helmet !
- gform knee protection pads

that's it ! goes perfectly under classic clothes and really light/respirant materials.

Agreed with everything said here, and it's a huge thumbs up!

Thank you okp for the gear, that's a good idea :p I will need this! Are G-form knee pads comfortable? I've seen some on Moana shop, looked like it would provide pretty good protection (plus I have a protective short for hips and bottom) but I could'nt try them in a shop. Also I think I'll let myself get tempted by this Ruroc, not right now since I have something similar to your triple 8 but maybe this summer!

yes, the top shirt is really dope. lightweight and you have kevlar reinforcement, fits true to size. it's also not really expensive (even if it's relative) and pretty durable.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/troy-lee-designs-upl7855-hw-long-sleeve-shirt-2015/rp-prod82726

I recommend this shop, ultra fast shipping and you can use coupons to lower the invoice, and they have discount sales sometimes

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/body-armour

the gform pads are OK, in fact they absorb the shock, you can have fun (well you will try) to hit you with a hammer... you feel almost nothing. Problem is if your fall scratches and you get dragged on the ground... then it just deteriorate easily, you can't use this to slide on the group because it's a special material. so great for shock absorbtion or direct hits to the ground, ultra stealthy : goes under your jean, noone notice them... but if you get dragged.... useless, they will just deteriorate in 2 seconds.

How is your protective gear feeling? I search something similar, is it efficient and can you still move with it? I thought of getting some motocross gear.
Yes I love the body armor and full face. I also use wrist guards and knee pads. To feel really safe I should have a leather suit but havent gotten to that yet. The downside with body armor and full face is that it takes away the grab and go so I dont use it on short trips with speed below 35 km/h. The movement is pretty good but you get damn hot really fast if you are doing any body work. But you will have much more leverage if something happens.

well, you got huge balls and luck on your side !
haha probably just stupid and luck. I feel safe when I probably shouldnt. I have landed on my face before ending up in a hospital with temporary no short term memory and no memories from the incident:)

Here is a video I took today. The top speed this time was 58 km/h. I had full trigger but the rear tire is worn out giving me a smaller tire diameter and lower top speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fzxO_G4j44

Stielz said:
hey mate, have you made a start on the wakeboard yet?
The wakeboard is happening in the future. I havent decided what electronics and motors to use yet. I need something powerful, lightweight and BULLETPROOF as I dont want to go flaming down in saltwater with lots of lipo batteries. My motivation is elsewhere at the moment. I am working on a full suspension snowboard. I think its going to kick ass if it works as planned.

Attachments

• Snowboard suspension.jpg
    Snowboard suspension.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,128
sk8norcal said:
razor ripstik
rear wheel fixed.

sk8norcal you must be the most board and gadget updated guy on the planet :D I havent seen this ripstick version. Thanks. Its about time someone created an electric casterboard for the masses. But 16 km/h??? Thats boring:)

sk8norcal said:
interesting,
seems like a small hubmotor is ideal here.

I am not a big fan of casterboards, (i think people would define them as having casters front and rear)
they seem pretty sketchy (tried them briefly long time ago)
hopefully they ride better with those skike wheels.

I think a fixed rear wheel might be a better platform,
http://wackyboards.blogspot.com/2009/07/roadsurf.html

or this 2 wheeler called Tierney Board. (i own one, not a big fan of it though)
http://wackyboards.blogspot.com/2009/07/tierneyboard.html

btw, did u see the e-skatecycle and e-orbitwheels i posted?

sk8norcal said:
I think ripstik probably got the electric casterboard idea from this thread.
and the e-wheelman?
those are pretty funky also.

Well it was you who pointed me towards a fixed rear in the first place. A 750 gram motor swinging at the back of the wheel gave a very crappy unstable ride. It might have worked with a lighter motor in the center of caster rotation though.

Back