• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Bus Lane

Here in Vancouver there are alot of bike routes that are on the same streets as bus routes. Not much shoulder room to share with a bus. But the streets are supposed to be shared with bikes.

You just need to increase your voltage. I go faster than the buses here, so they're never a problem.

John

I wouldn't worry about it. They can tell you what to do with their many tons of bus, but verbally no. He was probably just having a bad day, or some regular slow cyclists recently impeded his progress enough to piss him off. As long as you are a conscientious and courteous rider, ie don't unnecessarily impede traffic, then do whatever is safest regardless of what the precise law actually is.

John

Oooh the joys of city life, wonderful isn't it :? ?! Rush hour where I live is only 15 minute rush 8) Stay safe, Snow Crow

I feel your pain. I had an oncomming bus turn in front of me today & I had to hit the anchors. They look really big when you see them side on at close range.

Back