Can Cycle Satiator charge Yamaha battery with a Yamaha charger connector?

larryvand

1 µW
I have a Haibike with a Yamaha PW motor, Yamaha 500W battery and Yamaha charger. I would like to buy and use a Cycle Satiator to charge the battery rather than the standard Yamaha charger. So the question is this: Is there a place to buy the Yamaha connector that is on the charger and retrofit it to the Cycle Satiator to charge the battery?? Also, can someone explain the 4 pin function of the connector from the charger to the battery? Cause my understanding is that the Satiator only provides 2 leads (positive & negative). Thank you for your help.

You should just contact the good folks at Grin, ebikes.ca. The are very approachable and will be able to set you up if possible to do so.

Thank you for your reply but I already did. They are the ones that told me to look for the Yamaha connector, as they don't have a clue where to get one. So I thought I'd ask just in case someone here knew something about charging a Yamaha power pack with anything other than a yamaha charger. Thanks.

You could splice the one from the Yamaha charger on to a Satiator but I don't have the answer to why the Yamaha one has 4 wires and which does what. You may be able to figure that out though with a multi meter, at least which are the pos/neg. That is why I suggested Grin as they may at least have that answer of be able to suss it out.

Lot's of smart people on here though also that many have the answer. Problem with the Yamaha etc. systems are the little proprietary features they put in the mix to keep their systems in house. Whereas anyone can figure out a two wire system, even me!

One is probably a temperature wire for the Yamaha charger and the other, maybe its the gnd for that temp probe wire, but I am just guessing. The easiest way is to just buy a cheap digital multi meter and measure the voltage.

Larryvand,
Take a look here (you will have to use a translator, I guess), it should help:
https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/mini-ladeger%C3%A4t-f%C3%BCr-haibike-yamaha-akku.52460/

Cheers,
Miguel

Um den Ladevorgang zu starten, muss man Plus, Minus und die blaue Leitung +12v haben.
Ist das alles eingeschaltet, öffnet der Akku und kann geladen werden.
Der Ladevorgang endet wenn man die blaue 12v Leitung unterbricht. Die gelbe Leitung wird nicht benötigt, da auf ihr der Akku eine Steuerspannung an das Yamaha Ladegerät sendet

This is a translation only. I did not try this, I did not invent this.

To start charging you need Positive, Negative and the blue wire (+12V).
If all these are active the battery opens up and can be charged.
Charging stops when the blue line (+12V) is cut.
You do not need the yellow line. This is used by the battery to send a control voltage to the original charger.

There is a picture, too. I tried to post it here, but I am rather hopeless in these things.

Hello @larryvand
were you able to find a solution (a connector for this charger)?

Back