Can i get a 100amp draw from this battery? Trying to find the bottle neck.

nalu808

1 W
I made 4 5s10p batteries as pictured below. Made 3 on the left and 1 on the right. I made them using the copper nickle method, using .15mm nickle and .1mm copper. They are made like this so I can use them on another bike as a 15s. The current bike I am using them for I run as a 20s, but I can seem to to draw more than 45 amps. When I change the settings in the controller above 45amps the controller cuts out(power stops to motor, display still on, need to turn off then on for motor to run). Is the copper to thin or just something wrong with the controller? FYI display shows no error codes, its a CT-22/ controller is 7230 sabvoton and motor is qs205 4T.

Attachments

• Battery Plan2.pptx
    50.5 KB · Views: 13
Thin copper usually results in overheating. Auto-shutoff sounds more like your voltage is dropping under load due to voltage sag and you are hitting a low voltage cut off setting, either in the controller or any BMS you are using. BMS can also have a high current cut off setting as well. For cheap BMS it's built in and will be in the spec sheet. For programmable BMS, it can be programmed in the app.

I made 4 5s10p batteries as pictured below. Made 3 on the left and 1 on the right. I made them using the copper nickle method, using .15mm nickle and .1mm copper. They are made like this so I can use them on another bike as a 15s. The current bike I am using them for I run as a 20s, but I can seem to to draw more than 45 amps. When I change the settings in the controller above 45amps the controller cuts out(power stops to motor, display still on, need to turn off then on for motor to run). Is the copper to thin or just something wrong with the controller? FYI display shows no error codes, its a CT-22/ controller is 7230 sabvoton and motor is qs205 4T.
I saw your other thread. Is this the same system and battery (20S10P no BMS)? If so, just a random throught that may not be max current related is whether you've tried changing the throttle thresholds? I'm wondering if you're experiencing a throttle protection fault if the throttle voltage is out of range. Maybe you're so close to the threshold that other adjustments trigger the fault. Long shot, but just thinking out loud.

I saw your other thread. Is this the same system and battery (20S10P no BMS)? If so, just a random throught that may not be max current related is whether you've tried changing the throttle thresholds? I'm wondering if you're experiencing a throttle protection fault if the throttle voltage is out of range. Maybe you're so close to the threshold that other adjustments trigger the fault. Long shot, but just thinking out loud.
Yes same battery. No BMS. Will try to wire up a different throttle when I get some free time.

Update. Controller has been turned up to 80 amps dc and running fine somewhat. Only problem is if I crank throttle from slow or stop controller cuts out but thats for another thread. Problem was hall wires. Reran hall test and kept failing. Tried 10 to 30 amps for the test. Finally switched to other hall plug and test passed and good to go now.

Back