• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

can i use my rc charger to charge vpower lifepo4

Sorry spent some much time writing with details and it dissappeared. Has anyone charged a vpower battery with a R/C charger. The charger says can charge life 1-8 cells. This battery has 112 pcs cells. 2 sets of balance leads, 1 has 7 wires and 2nd has 8 wires. 48v 20ah lifepo4 battery. Charger is an inDi 16x910. The plug and go charger it came with says:charge for 16S 48v lifepo4. Output 60v..6Amax

why not use the BMS that comes with the battery and use the bulk charger to charge? this is the newer type pack i assume. can you post up pictures for people to see the bigger cans?

dirtbiketoebike said:
Has anyone charged a vpower battery with a R/C charger. The charger says can charge life 1-8 cells. This battery has 112 pcs cells. 2 sets of balance leads, 1 has 7 wires and 2nd has 8 wires. 48v 20ah lifepo4 battery. Charger is an inDi 16x910. The plug and go charger it came with says:charge for 16S 48v lifepo4. Output 60v..6Amax

It can be done, but you have to make up some leads. What leads you need depends on the charger. The BC168 is basically six single-cell chargers, so it can charge directly through the sense wires, but a conventional R/C charger needs power leads as well.

You also need to understand how the sense leads relate to each other and the batteries main ground, so if you want to go ahead with it, the first thing is to measure the voltages on each of your 15 pins relative to the masin black ground wire, then someone would be able to describe the leads you need. You'll only be able to charge at low current because you have to use the middle sense leads as power ones (not for BC168), and doing it in two stages is going to take a long time. Therefore it's only practical to do if you want to try the battery while your waiting for your bulk charger to arrive.

In case you don't know, most of those aluminium-cased chargers are adjustable, so if you have one for a previous lower voltage battery lying around, you can open it up and adjust it to the correct voltage for your new one, which would save a lot of hassle.

Tried different cameras but coming back as file too big to load, not much good at it will try downloading pics on computer instead when i have time. Thanks for the info. We ended up messing up the original bulk charger. I been having to taxi since i am apart of the damage charger and the new one is coming from China.
The battery does have a bms that we plugged into with the old charger. I was thinking the same with the first answer ,plugging my rc charger into the battery bms .positive with positive and negative with negative and all the balance leads are done alread since they are already wired up. Not sure what to choose for how many cells though as the rc charger asks. 48v 20ah and the broken charger says 16s. 112 cells but not sure how they are set up in parallel and series. Battery is covered with duct tape, bought on ebay. Thanks

usually it is the ICL that blows up on those chargers. i have sold about 20 Inrush Current Limiters to fix them.

you can set your camera to VGA and the picture will be small enuff.

but if you can describe what part failed in the charger and where it is we can guess until you have a picture.

Back