Can't find high current (50A) 3PDTH toggle switch

zulunation

100 µW
Hello,
I need a toggle switch to switch between ride/charge mode.
So the main circuit should be breaked.
I need 50A three poles double throw switched.
I can't find one.
Maybe anyone knows?
Thanks,

For more than 30 amps you're starting to leave the realm of manual switches and enter the world of relays, contactors, ect.

However, do these work for you? They're big and bulky, but I use them for high amp solar disconnect/changeover.

I will explain why i need this switch.
I have two batteries connected in series and controller.
Currently I am using mass breaker to disconnect batteries from controller when bike is left.
But when i need to charge the batteries i have to disconnect each battery manually and connect to charger.
I am using two chargers. Each for a battery.

It is not convenient. I would like to have a switch which disconnects batteries and connects them to two charges.
Without any manual disconnect.

How do yo solve this problem? Do you disconnect batteries manually each time to charge?

Are your chargers electrically isolated? Meaning their AC inputs are not electrically connected to their DC outputs?

If so, you don't have to disconnect anything, or switch anything. You just connect one charger to one battery, and the other charger to the other battery, and monitor the charging process as always.

If you don't have separate connectors on the batteries for charging, you can simply add those to the appropriate points on their BMS's.

If the chargers are not electrically isolated, you could either modify them to be so if it is possible (not all designs can be), or replace them with chargers that are. (you *must* use isolated chargers to charge batteries in series, or else you are shorting across at least one of the packs with the other charger. )

Back