• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Charging 7S Lipo

kudos

10 kW
Hi Guys,

You can get 7S lipo from HK that is essentially a 4S and a 3S stuck together with the appropriate 4S & 3S balance leads.

I have a 10S iCharger 1010b+ and regularly charge 10S lipo which has two 5S balance leads. It's important to test the balance leads to see which is the 'lower' and 'upper' pack seeing as they combine into one.

I do this by measuring the voltage from the black pin to the end red pin, then seeing if the voltage increases when you measure the next balance lead red pin.

I then mark the 'lower' voltage balance lead and ensure that goes in the balance board on the left.

I'm understand all this and it all works fine, however, what I'm not sure of using the 4S and 3S combo.

The balance board has a single 6S, two 5S, two 4S, three 3S and three 2S connectors.

What I don't know, is if it is OK to use non equal balance leads that are part of one pack.

So two 5S leads is fine which is what I do now, two 4S leads I'm sure would be fine too because it's obvious which way around these should go.

But with the balance board having three 3S connectors it's not obvious in which one you should place the lead.

Has anyone actually charged a 7S lipo with an iCharger and can confirm?

Thanks,
Kudos

there is no picture of your patch board. if we saw it we could tell you how to plug in the JST plugs. if we can see the traces on the patch board. but if 6S is all there is then you will be stuck having to charge each section separately.

Assuming you have the CB1010-EH board, you plug them in here.
balboard.jpeg
Note:This assumes that the 4s plug is the low side and the 3s the high side.

Thanks wesnewell, just the info I was looking for and yes that is the board I use.

Cheers,
Kudos

Back