Chopper bike with 93% eff motor

The bike is performing flawless, if your happy with 14kw on tap and been able to run at 75km/h constantly with the motor only getting warm. :|

For me its kinda annoying cause even after modifying the controllers shunt to a insane amount....replacing 75% of it with a copper bar, its still cutting out at anything over 14kw. I have managed to get it stable using CA V3 by adjusting the ramp up speed of the throttle so it does not hit the cut out but it just peaks at the 14kw so its a great ride and alot of fun. By the way at 75km/h its using 2.5-2.8kw on a flat. That is measured with a accurate stand alone shunt.

I have recently got a offer from a guy a build a ebike for a few years ago for ~$5000 for the bike, so atm I'll be leaving it alone to sell to him. I ll probably buy a Hubmonster and do a full sized motorbike at that stage. If that falls thru i will be looking for a 20-30kw controller that's guaranteed not to have a cut off, or really getting serious about modding this controller as its not even getting warm feeding the Mini-monster yet.

damn mate and here I am planning to run mine at a measly 8kw. Love to see some more vids before you sell it! What voltage are you running again?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)

Glad you got it tuned to your liking. Did you get it blowing some air? I'll be launching my website soon, so please get lots of pics and video before selling it. Maybe make you famous, or at least throw you some freebees. :D

Kinda sucks that the Chinese guys were trying to do us a favor with those test run controllers, and programmed the current limits too high, especially phase current. They were just trying to get us to higher power. When you go too high with the limits in programming, especially with a high phase current limit, then it's much more likely to trip the protection limits. I've tried explaining it, but I'm still not sure the tech guys get it.

Splitting the load to 2 controllers is what I really like about the two 6 phase motors. It makes getting to extreme power simple and cheap. They've got the same great stator steel, but more of it and more copper too, so along with the low pole count, magnets with curved faces to match the stator, etc., there's no reason to believe they aren't high rpm capable just like MiniMonster.

Snowy,
How are you progressing? Waiting to make it more like a snowmobile?

John

Bluefang said:
The bike is performing flawless, if your happy with 14kw on tap and been able to run at 75km/h constantly with the motor only getting warm. :|

For me its kinda annoying cause even after modifying the controllers shunt to a insane amount....replacing 75% of it with a copper bar, its still cutting out at anything over 14kw. I have managed to get it stable using CA V3 by adjusting the ramp up speed of the throttle so it does not hit the cut out but it just peaks at the 14kw so its a great ride and alot of fun. By the way at 75km/h its using 2.5-2.8kw on a flat. That is measured with a accurate stand alone shunt.

I have recently got a offer from a guy a build a ebike for a few years ago for ~$5000 for the bike, so atm I'll be leaving it alone to sell to him. I ll probably buy a Hubmonster and do a full sized motorbike at that stage. If that falls thru i will be looking for a 20-30kw controller that's guaranteed not to have a cut off, or really getting serious about modding this controller as its not even getting warm feeding the Mini-monster yet.

Well it has been fun playing with the motor :) Hopefully the guy buys it as he has said he will try and have the money ready to come collect this weekend. Will be sad seeing the bike go........but....

I am so looking forward to playing with your 6 phase hub monster, this time programmable controllers setup and tested for atleast 20kw each. Mid mount it on a light weight 400cc bike or start working on a leaning enclosed reverse trike :) What ever i do it is sure to be interesting.

I ll try and get some better videos of the bike, anything in particular you want?

I would really like to see vids of the bike accelerating WOT from a stop ( if you can) and at top speed both from the spectators perspective to really show the performance. On bike video does not show much ;)

Nice work Bluefang. Getting inspired and am thinking of doing something similar just one questions. Where did you find the 22t 219# sprocket? All i can find is the small 9-14t sprockets for the motorside and the 60+ tooth driven sprockets. Any tips on where to look?

Its a Inferno clutch sprocket like http://www.aussiespeed.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_ace.tpl&product_id=449&category_id=40&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=23

Should be able to get them from your local go-kart shops as its a fairly common brand. FYI i would not do it that way again.

Try and find yourself a 62 tooth steel sprocket and just get it welded onto the metal side of the motor bell with a 90T sprocket on the wheel or use different chain sprockets as with the 22T sprocket my bike is limited to 90km and thats at 135V.....If i bought myself a zombies controller and played with the motor even more it would be hitting top speed way too fast. :mrgreen:

Still trying to get some videos before my guy manages to get his money together.

Hey Blue, did you just sleeve the pit bike fork steer tube up to 1-1/8"?? That is what I was thinking of doing with mine, that way it can be used on any bike really... Just an idea?

Back