Constant throttle cut out issue HS3540+ Lyen 18 fet

Ohbse

10 kW
I'm running an HS3540 with a Lyen 18 fet, 20s Lipo 10ah

Since I assembled my HS3540 and 18 fet controller I have done about 150KM commuting. Since the beginning I have had an occasional cutting out issue where the controller would appear to reset or lose throttle position, rolling all the way off and back onto the throttle usually works - however sporadically there would be a brief period where the cutting out was continuous, 1/2 second of acceleration then nothing, reset throttle and the same thing would happen. After a little while this would stop and I could continue on my journey.

This has unfortunately become constant - I'm now unable to get more than a fraction of a second of throttle before it cuts out.. this occurs at all throttle positions, the motor responds as expected for that fraction of a second but then nothing...

I have checked:

Hall sensors (via tester I built using 9v Battery and LED's) and hall connectors (5v supply etc all checks out)
Phase wiring has all been replaced up to axle entrance, all connectors have been replaced with high current bullets, this had no effect
Throttle (5v power source and measured with DMM, smooth curve between 0.8v and 4.0v)
All wiring inside and out of controller

Additionally I have cleaned the controller PCB with isopropyl alcohol and closely inspected for any dry joints or errant solder blobs. Issue occurs with the Cycle analyst connected or disconnected.

Any suggestions?

I have tried changing settings on the controller, lowering amp limits, ensuring that it's not hitting LVC with no effect. Unfortunately I do not have (nor know of anybody who has) a spare controller or spare throttle.

Have you checked the sensor connectors themselves? I had my BMC do this. The throttle will cut in and out. It was caused by a loose connector on the hall sensors. After redoing the hall connectors, everything is swell now.

I replaced the hall connectors and tried again, only to have the same behaviour. It appears that the controller is gradually developing more issues all by itself.. Now performance (for the very brief period the motor will rotate) is substantially worse.

I'm inclined to give up and buy a mini-E..

Back