Crystalyte TC3080 - controller options?

swiftyds

100 W
Hi

I’ve got an Enduro ebike frame that I’ve been updating over the last couple of years. It’s now based around a Crystalyte TC3080 hub laced into a 24” rim.

39-C8-B9-B9-86-C7-48-CE-8-ACF-79-D1-FA2-CF760.jpg

I’ve just had to replace the battery which is now 20s7p 72v pack capable of 100A bursts using Samsung 30Q cells.

Controller is still the original Infineon 12 fet 4110 (from EM3EV) and it’s currently set up via a Cycle Analyst V3. I’ve played about the CA settings so it shouldn’t be limiting Amps in anyway.

I know the TC 3080 isn’t the most powerful of motors for this frame, but I’m not really up for changing the motor/wheel set up so I’m trying to make the most and max out the torque/top speed with the battery pack I’ve got.

I’ve not dug out the programming cable yet for the controller but it’s not getting anywhere near the performance out of the motor I believe is possible. I’m just about to take the CA out of the set up and run just with the throttle straight into the controller - will see if this improves matters, but I know I’ll be limited by the 12 fet controller here ultimately.

I’ve started to look at swapping the controller out and ditching the CA in the set up - I’d like to use the Sabvoton but have heard there can be problems with the Crystalyte.

Any one with the same motor or views on what controller I’d be best to use here?

OK - I wired throttle straight to controller bypassing the CA V3 and performance is improved but still not great.

I’ve damaged my cable for programming controller so waiting for another to arrive in the post.

In the meantime are there are thoughts/comments on what other controller I could use that would give me more power but still work well with the TC3080? Sabvoton 150A feels a bit over the top for this.

Had to buy another programming cable but just finished tweaking the settings ... I’m running 72v and have increased the battery amps to equivalent of 80A (it’s an EM3EV 12 FET controller so actual settings in the app are 50% of this so 40A) and phase amps to 180A equivalent.

Set the 3 speed switch to 50/75/120% and the thing flys now even at the low setting. Something odd was definitely happening having the CA3 connected that I just couldn’t get my head around.

Will need to see how the controller holds up with these high settings!

Back