BBSHD info for vesc controller

markglos

10 mW
Had a mosfet blow on my controller so I've got a 75100 being delivered tomorrow, been looking at upgrading to an external controller for a while but needed something ASAP to get the bike on the road again, couldn't afford a bac855 etc that quickly and didn't fancy risking the bbshd to a generic cheap like I'd be happy to use on a hub.

So a couple of questions, I've never used the vesc tool before so have no idea how accurate it's auto tune is and can find very little info about the motor itself so any of its physical specifications people may know I'd appreciate, kv, how many poles, weight etc?

And the other if anyone knew the max phase current the original controller put out as standard? As I'd like to get it up and running to standard power before I increase anything, with the standard max of 30 battery amps I'm assuming 60 phase amps would be a rough guess?

If you've got Facebook there is a few groups dedicated to the bafang mid drive or bbshd that I've seen people do exactly what you want to do. "Bafang Mid-drive eBike Builds" Specifically "Chris Triplett" in there seems willing to help with his settings and setup. You could also try hitting this guy up for settings

This thread is for a BBSHD with VESC, if it's useful

Back