Crystalyte TC3080 Pictures

Nice work allex. I'd like to compare the output to the 29mm mxus. The clyte looks very well made.

Thx Rix!
Yeah this clyte is actually incredible, if I would change anything it would be removing the unnecessary meat, the body is made out of extra thick aluminium. I bet you could shave of 0,5kg by doing this.
Still have not tried my sine-wave controller, no time!

Allex said:
Thx Rix!
Yeah this clyte is actually incredible, if I would change anything it would be removing the unnecessary meat, the body is made out of extra thick aluminium. I bet you could shave of 0,5kg by doing this.
Still have not tried my sine-wave controller, no time!

When you do, I look forward to hearing about it. Another guy is running a sinwave on his TC3080, loves it. Hopefully you do as well.

I brought this TC connection info over from the (Sino/Silent Controller 24-120V/100A Program/GPS/Options-$199) thread in case someone with a TC needs help in getting it to synch up and run...the key is in the hall pattern...I first got it to run smooth backwards...then about 10 combos later smooth and steady forwards...I have a video to show operation and noise but can't get it to upload...

Final testing completed, and this controller from Powervelocity.com runs my Crystalyte TC3080 like a champ! Figuring out the Hall and Phase combinations was the killer...Crystalyte likes to make their colors in different order I guess, but after a bunch of trial and error and a huge amount of help from Powervelocity.com, it works great...Here's the winning combo for hooking this controller to a Crystalyte TC3080...FYI my Battery is 74v nominal (82v during testing) so the original voltage induced erratic operation problem of the TC3080 posed by HPC did not occur once the correct hall combo was applied...

Controller PHASE BLUE to Motor PHASE YELLOW
Controller PHASE GREEN to Motor PHASE BLUE
Controller PHASE YELLOW to Motor PHASE GREEN
Controller HALL BLUE to Motor HALL GREEN
Controller HALL GREEN to Motor HALL YELLOW
Controller HALL YELLOW to Motor HALL BLUE

Now to get the wheel laced so I can see what it will do in action...

Performance Update- Controller runs motor smooth as silk and is extremely fast at 74v nominal and perfectly silent...with 26" rear tire the current settings in the 3 speed switch give it 14mph in position 1- 33mph in position 2- and position 3 has not been fully tested on flat land but it ran 24mph going UP a steep hill...to put that in perspective, I used to race XC in the Clydesdale class so I'm not an easy passenger to carry...the bike is light so it really zips...stand by for build thread once I get all the info in one place...Oh did I mention the Perma Grin!
!
!

GreyVlad said:
What is the phase wires diameter and length?

On my TC3080 I measure 13inches (330mm) to the bottom of the XT150 bullet connector and 4mm in diameter

I was doing some maintenance on my motors and figured it would make for interesting viewing to compare the Crystalyte TC3080 with a H3540 and a H4065...The 3540 and 4065 were all but identical in every way except for the width of the stator...the hub width is the same for both the H3540 & H4065 so a 3540 just waste the extra space with offset...from my view there would be no reason to get a 3540 when a 4065 (or 4080) takes up the same exact space in the rim but adds more power... The TC3080 is a whole different design that looks night/day better, both from a copper fill, deeper heat sink stator, and light weight hub viewpoint...The TC3080 rotor hub + mounted tire weigh less than the bare H4065 rotor hub... these are just my opinions, so let the pictures speak for themselves as fodder for conversation if nothing else...it would be even more interesting to a MXUS 3k Turbo compared also...enjoy!

Attachments

• DSCN5418.JPG
    DSCN5418.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 2,565
  • DSCN5421.JPG
    DSCN5421.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 2,565
  • DSCN5420.JPG
    DSCN5420.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 2,565
  • DSCN5425.JPG
    DSCN5425.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,565
  • DSCN5426.JPG
    DSCN5426.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,565
Motors look great. I had my H4080 apart along with my TC3065. The TC 3065 is definitely more refined.

UPDATE-
I've sucessfully ran my TC3080 on both a 12FET and 18 FET Sinewave controller from Powervelocity.com...
They run Smooth as silk & perfectly silent...The controllers are strong enough that I moved to the 12FET for space reasons in my full suspension frame and it handles everything my 74v 15Ah setup needs...

andrmorr said:
UPDATE-
I've sucessfully ran my TC3080 on both a 12FET and 18 FET Sinewave controller from Powervelocity.com...
They run Smooth as silk & perfectly silent...The controllers are strong enough that I moved to the 12FET for space reasons in my full suspension frame and it handles everything my 74v 15Ah setup needs...

Hey man, how about some pics and a video? Want to see this.

74v 18650 GA batt built by Powervelocity.com
Clyte TC3080
12FET powervelocity.com controller
In the low speed it runs 20ish...In the middle speed setting this combo runs about 33mph with a 220lb rider and 26" wheels on flats and about 20-22 up the steep hills of Arlington VA & DC...In the hi-speed setting it will run close to 50mph but I haven't needed that often since #2 handles most anything...
There is no difference in perf of the 12FET vs the 18FET other than space since I don't push this combo anywhere near the upper limits of what the 12FET can handle...even after full power runs up the hills on the commute home it and the motor get warm but not hot...

I'm trying to figure out how to add .mov clips...I made a very short one but can't get it to show up yet...

Attachments

• PowerVelocity.com 18FET controller.JPG
    PowerVelocity.com 18FET controller.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,457
  • 74v 12FET TC3080.JPG
    74v 12FET TC3080.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 2,457
  • PowerVelocity.com 12FET controller.JPG
    PowerVelocity.com 12FET controller.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 2,457
  • DSCN5342.JPG
    DSCN5342.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 2,457
andrmorr said:
Clyte TC3080
In the low speed it runs 20ish...In the middle speed setting this combo runs about 33mph with a 220lb rider and 26" wheels on flats and about 20-22 up the steep hills of Arlington VA & DC...In the hi-speed setting it will run close to 50mph but I haven't needed that often since #2 handles most anything...
There is no difference in perf of the 12FET vs the 18FET other than space since I don't push this combo anywhere near the upper limits of what the 12FET can handle...even after full power runs up the hills on the commute home it and the motor get warm but not hot...

I'm trying to figure out how to add .mov clips...I made a very short one but can't get it to show up yet...

Impressive conversion, I can see you put an emphasis on street riding. Nothing wrong with that. Would like to see some vids and fly bys.

Thats some seriously impressive copper fill.

I am using the same controller manufacturer that powervelocity is using, but using a different hardware spec and 3077 fets on the 12 FET version for better efficiency. I would be keen to try that as well.

I am using the same controller manufacturer that powervelocity is using, but using a different hardware spec and 3077 fets on the 12 FET version for better efficiency. I would be keen to try that as well.

You say different hardware spec...How does your controller differ and what pros/cons are you trying to get/eliminate?

Impressive conversion, I can see you put an emphasis on street riding. Nothing wrong with that. Would like to see some vids and fly bys.

This was mainly built for commuting in the combat urban inviro of DC but it is a Niner RIP 9 which is one of the best offroad bikes made so it does go offroad very nicely...I switch out the wheelset and ride trails on occasion...and I even drop off the batt and rear wheel and ride Au Natural during the cooler months...The current tires are Conti Top Contact II and are Ebike rated for 50kph which I felt was a no-brainer when trying to keep my brainer intact at 30mph! I also have a hardtail Ebike and the full suspension bike really makes a big difference in surviving the rough city pavement...potholes and uneven sidewalks are right on par with trail riding for roughness...It is a lot easier on your equipment too... I ride this bike with both rigid and suspension forks (see pics) and have noticed it's the rear suspension that makes the biggest difference because of the weight it's carrying via the DD hub-batt-rider...that's why I'm running a 2.0 rear tire instead of the matching 47x700c on the front...

Will post vids as soon as I can figure out how to get them to upload...

andrmorr said:

You say different hardware spec...How does your controller differ and what pros/cons are you trying to get/eliminate?

3077 mosfets. 12 ga wires up the length of the traces piggybacked to double copper trace inserts. XT90 and XT150 plugs. CAV3 connector.
We made the manufacturer commit to only doing this spec for us.

It makes sense to use 4110's on the 18fet. But like the BBS guys found out the 3077 mosfet is better to the lower power end of the scale. We did this to suit our 35mm V2 motors as well as motors like these and the 29mm mxus.

Samd said:
[e]Thats some seriously impressive copper fill.

You say different hardware spec...How does your controller differ and what pros/cons are you trying to get/eliminate?[/q

3077 mosfets. 12 ga wires up the length of the traces piggybacked to double copper trace inserts. XT90 and XT150 plugs. CAV3 connector.
We made the manufacturer commit to only doing this spec for us.

It makes sense to use 4110's on the 18fet. But like the BBS guys found out the 3077 mosfet is better to the lower power end of the scale. We did this to suit our 35mm V2 motors as well as motors like these and the 29mm mxus.[/quote]

Hey Sam, I know the 3077 Fets are good up to about 60 volts and I wouldn't consider running anything north of 14s with a controller with those fets, that said, how much better for lower voltage power delivery are the 3077 over the 4110 fets? I ask because my Beta is running 9 Fet 4110 fet controller and a MAC 10T, I was thinking of going to a 9 Fet 3077 controller as I am only powering with 12s. Is it worth the trouble?

Thoughts on choosing a TC3065 with 26" wheel vs TC3080 with a 20" wheel? Both at 60v, 50a continuous, 70a peak.

I'd like to go up to 40 mph, with great acceleration on the road. Not much off-road use.

I'm considering the Luna 60v 24.5ah triangle pack because I can't seem to find a high quality 72v or higher triangle pack with high quality cells, such as Panasonic GAs.

Thanks!

andrmorr said:
Clyte TC3080

What size rear wheel did you pick? 24"? I'm thinking of going smaller to get better acceleration. I only need 35-40 mph top speed.

I have this particular motor for sale. Brand new, laced to a 24" ready with statorade inside. Never got my hands to build a bike with it!
Cant remember what I got it for, Rix, what is it worth?

Allex said:
I have this particular motor for sale. Brand new, laced to a 24" ready with statorade inside. Never got my hands to build a bike with it!
Cant remember what I got it for, Rix, what is it worth?

I got that on a bulk order and each unit came out to $500 bucks with shipping. Not laced to a rim.

I'm test fitting the TC3080 to my bike. Should I be concerned that the axle doesn't fit fully in the dropouts? See photos below. I will have Grin torque arms on both sides to take up the rotational torque, and they should also help hold the axle in place a bit.

Lastly, does anyone have a torque spec for the axle bolts? I know they should be tight, but I don't want to tighten them too much since they are tightening down on carbon fiber.

-isV6QV766LJQcw-3kyWwT0bILEiellDA-sR8C_15zgkBzqqcTMFGloX1aGnP8xBPD3YuONDnM2wC5pmxX2NJq37hJ-g505O8lkjktHxWfzwu2BrChvgDmKAfIsSOh_qDtoTolxkROsHuTtogiTN-OyuZlFuNve0iQ4mTELPY8nrCAJ_BktT_DmtGdFnBgWHbEzSDBxqhHXvIetubKu8IP0yJRZ8nFtjnaRDlU068tIJSEYPmmFk_dmDcPUuxo4A_sZtTukGBNMaYEMRrNLz9zAzyIJFfEawIq0mBvR7yEvlafxazUtHjqakDebj9sEbTxZuJAScOkUdhr7Bhxc4p3H-TTGMG-wcHrRadkfe8nQyhDE2wzoO0LKwca2xuOwo922A7SJiNuiXqj_V7vg2dqvynffi1cu35x8uIft-mZwkgKI4LJmRpVjxmttgQ8FdbLPFmVtduCnJagNb9rQ5n-4pLdgvYatwy1VlNhQdKa-wOvKGc5c1ol4gg7dZRf6Cat8WW38V_jf0TVwOt7ob7Gqu0kpPbWMK566XS4xwhUuabHtZ7Ty1ZkreTEW0E6ymLdT9XN3W4vZsKL-29bOYPK4I5HISSDvxndtM68MCtU0ZJiksFdnbXHMk7HH3YBtiYQW9SqV2u3bVxBPfMWXkWYibnGEJ3O3C=w746-h1326-no

lgufbOQuf_cSS6X4qRhdm9-CS9Lnc3VOcSrQmQNhz0KVwljUCPBRORHBJhkQfGDx9T8poESPEegZfYmbWAI9rHfRHMg2f-R3AWaQiLHPr64sxD-S4GK1lpGmSSAxHZpFcq1NGGiVaBSlWuExD4pJQRcktJo61y-EM9reYA_65jMZ88619xX1fBROQXO--_OmGywobUpLs4ENhD5eifMWe6PKBVQlP4-_O-bgY-bafQ6yy7wal9jG_5fgVeqbDGaHEUvPsCt6iEg7ZE0Hk0mZVMMf7OSjuTpI2ekZuTaBcGNiUBp1Q0m9dfD64B7SdxdKK3C1SEnKuRsAiSuSe6uyOuVJSzHAr3X7Gdu_9JUjq_PGC8zICreclTHhKzefBze8EmJ4fVSUxsyfbngDR33X7kfm2fj7qvUTz0EmBqGlAjukWXuxZ-Ak8BT4AIOab05Uc4kbkyaAXpjvB04t7L3w2sZpBISBBBtJ1wVqEjIXfq4o7cN_x5qFwOHbPYhwqewUyHpWmFe5tbZOWdKnlB21JgC3anno58Qjo8OqK0I7S4MXIttpTRL1tQkRspHPF2wDrEqoGoKetrYJf3mxym9ooXwYr8yqSMJH9xjmHXnYiLYalmn7XBTN3AMjAKIErcDIOItZ3d2xgxvyEBFNksEqeM93BW5gRpDS=w746-h1326-no

LjSfPSYK4irz0qsEfTCroxIuzA-kHkaEEfScPVVUU1aBBd_Ooe5FEAj66mxlpAAwx-uHXJO3nAz5Seq4dGTOv4dCcIblvCS0QC4u4Z-XnaGil8qxQW-j9AFeTHh00rAZ0y-P9tukMsxWwR5CCBjkbwJz8W21rSD36UgWnebjeGBgtoQD19pGs3WgtMCuPIbQVjlkqmpGveJdag25VTtBe8J_EKMZeGlmS74YGfd7IomorXF8AtOJ12wnxFNA7wb_qUczdbpUDbuvGkrOb1L7KKFaPHTnCOcSGOH5VFimsNdOHEDznC8tAqluzv4pNLYXhJ2RNcMR-0m5m24qD2cV2IDPNgccjI8_aF9C2FGyXBPD7Utoh7nk6s1-NZ3rwkqtyjPJNiakj1V1fpCADgZtasxnSD4BAfpPrOhVaynGV_HeZiZ1pjwt2cy2Y8VuIgQjSJJq2KDR3mS1QY1NBYPYzUwei143PASemAVJ47mCEpzne2ixLAhXhct3MgmqB2xz4CC_vZBaGsGhUvRxSUw0gy5JG8l6b26GH9fzIWMwtU5cv38kxj1gk9ZZ2Fd_Yc2t_4E9_1NNRUfFVRM78PtKBGXgcLB73xHXwpW1zk39zE681_RiGnkPNG7NgamI-Ly_YPjYoKy1aS640COv4NaxA0Nqtm3mb-oy=w746-h1326-no

https://photos.app.goo.gl/avNabA9E3ZnW3VPs7

Back