Crystalyte triangle bag review

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
Picked up this Crystalyte Triangle bag from us.itselectric.ca.
Cost about $45 shipped.

http://us.itselectric.ca/product_p/bag-crystal-tribag-front.htm

dsc01717.jpg

So upon taking this bag out of the shipping envelope, i notice that it is a lot smaller than i thought :cry:

crystalytebag.jpg

crystalytebag2.jpg

First thing i notice is the battery output hole at the top.

crystalytebag3.jpg

Securing to the frame is partially done with these traditional sort of straps.

crystalytebag4.jpg

Conbined with the biggest velcro fastener ever at the top. Which is unfortunately too tall, due to my shifter/rear brake cables.

crystalytebag5.jpg

The bag is much more spacious on the inside than first percieved. However, there is no padding on this bag whatsoever.
There are very nice side pockets that would allow you to store other things inside.
The zippers are not the waterproof type.

crystalytebag6.jpg

Maximum lipo fill is 8 packs of 5AH 5S turnigy 20C packs. However, the fit is odd and will put lots of stress on the edges of the triangle.

crystalytebag7.jpg

However, 6 packs will fit inside comfortably.

crystalytebag8.jpg

This is what the bag looks like when closed with 6 lipo packs inside it. Not too bulgey, just right.
6S lipos should be able to fit inside. Or maybe even a 10ah ping.

crystalytebag9.jpg

This is what the pack looks like on the bike. Remember, this bike has a 19" frame.

crystalytebag10.jpg

This bag gets a 7 out of 10. The bag is very tough, but does not include any padding on the side where the battery contacts the frame metal. The sides are tough, but the frame side needs serious help. I also think that the non-velcro straps are not suitable for carrying a 5-15lb battery.
For smaller frames, small packs, or specially sized packs, this design could work well. But for my bike, it looks awkward.

Hi David,

Very useful review thanks! :D

At least I know now what to get if I ever need to frame mount my batteries. It's nice to know what will actually work!

Good review but your last link shows the picture of two bags side by side on the floor, not the bag mounted on the bike.

i guess you would lean towards the falconEV bag?

$20 to ship a canvas bag seems a bit steep. Why so high? Would work well for one of my bikes (18s 5 Ahr LiPO in three bricks).

Picture updated.
Yes, the shipping was expensive considering that it came in a thick envelope type thing.
No shipping to Australia = lame

Dimensions.. 15in. length, 10in. tall, 3.5in wide. Can flex a bit in all directions so those numbers are approximate.

Anyone know where I can get one of these? .... shipped to australia?

where can i get the Falcon EV ones? i cant find them anymore... :x

you have to call falcon EV and give them your credit card over the phone :roll:

neptronix said:
you have to call falcon EV and give them your credit card over the phone :roll:

how long did they take to deliver?? i hope they ship quick... :roll:

less than a week from the middle of America to the west coast of America.

Back