Custom 2 wheeled electric caster board

Great design! What kind of bearings/bushings did you use in the steering linkage? Do you think the board could be "pumped" like a regular skateboard?

Awesome project. Thanks for sharing what you've done. Will try to make a version of this with wood deck and lower KV motor and lipos.

I read in your report where you said you would like to have adjustability on the steering mechanism. I was wondering if you had any information about what you would do differently, as I haven't milled the parts yet.

Thanks in advance!

I’d be interested to know of your opinions on the Speedboard, as it looks as though his claim of “dreaming of it for 17 years” must get be more like 17 months, after seeing your work. Excellent project, and I’d also be interested in the machining files and building something similar for myself.

I doubt your still responding on here, but if you are here goes my only question. Am I correct in assuming that you put the electric motor on the top side?

I doubt you’re still responding on here, but if you are here goes my only question. Am I correct in assuming that you put the electric motor on the top side?
Given the side with the grip tape, yes, I would also assume that the motor is topside. That way, rocks and other debris won’t get jammed in the belt.

Back