• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Cute Q100 at 12s lipo questions

RyanTo

100 mW
I was looking at getting a Q100 kit for my girlfriend at BMS battery. I am running my Mac kit off 12s lipo so I was thinking of doing the same for her bike. I was thinking about getting the 36v "201" version. Will it be ok at 44V on a 26" rim?

Can I run the stock controller with 12s Lipo?

Does the controller have cruise control?

I was thinking about getting Ku93 controller to address these concerns but I was reading in another post it might be too much(amps?) for the q100.

Let me know if you think it's a good idea! Basically it doesn't need to be fast 22 mph or whatever is ok. Lightweight, and quiet for this build.. I'd like to use 12s lipo.

RyanTo said:
I was looking at getting a Q100 kit for my girlfriend at BMS battery. I am running my Mac kit off 12s lipo so I was thinking of doing the same for her bike. I was thinking about getting the 36v "201" version. Will it be ok at 44V on a 26" rim?

I was thinking about getting Ku93 controller to address these concerns but I was reading in another post it might be too much(amps?) for the q100.

Let me know if you think it's a good idea! Basically it doesn't need to be fast 22 mph or whatever is ok. Lightweight, and quiet for this build.. I'd like to use 12s lipo.
I was thinking about getting the 36v "201" version. Will it be ok at 44V on a 26" rim?
yes
yes
yes
Yes, @ 12S, it is too many Amps.
Basically it doesn't need to be fast 22 mph or whatever is ok.
More like 20 mph.
.. I'd like to use 12s lipo.
14S would be better

If you have time, read my build thread linked below. It concerns the fast 328 wind, but much applies to both versions.

Did you get your Mac from Cell_man?
He sells the MXUS geared Mini, which IMO is a better kit. It's a bigger motor, but still small. It can be somewhat more work to mount though.

Yeah, I've read your topic. I was actually thinking about ordering the 2 mini motors instead of the mac kit. After some thought I ordered the MAC to see as I see it "the e-bike standard". I am very impressed with the MAC kit(from Cell Man) but when my girlfriend rides it she always uses the lowest setting ~18 mph and has no desire to go faster.

After reading some more posts I am thinking about ordering the q100 kit from elifebike instead (faster shipping and maybe solves the bad rim lacing problems I've read with bmsbattery).

Is the MXUS as smooth and quiet as the Q100? I get the feeling it has more power.. so I might go that route instead. I read your post again but if you/or someone could again reiterate the reasons to choose the MXUS instead. I guess my concerns are that it isn't as smooth and it pauses at take off if I'm thinking about the same kit..

RyanTo said:
Yeah, I've read your topic. I was actually thinking about ordering the 2 mini motors instead of the mac kit. After some thought I ordered the MAC to see as I see it "the e-bike standard". I am very impressed with the MAC kit(from Cell Man) but when my girlfriend rides it she always uses the lowest setting ~18 mph and has no desire to go faster.

After reading some more posts I am thinking about ordering the q100 kit from elifebike instead (faster shipping and maybe solves the bad rim lacing problems I've read with bmsbattery).

Is the MXUS as smooth and quiet as the Q100? I get the feeling it has more power.. so I might go that route instead. I read your post again but if you/or someone could again reiterate the reasons to choose the MXUS instead. I guess my concerns are that it isn't as smooth and it pauses at take off if I'm thinking about the same kit..
I am very impressed with the MAC kit(from Cell Man)..
Yes, if I was starting from scratch today, I would make sure the donner bike could mount it and go with a single MAC[My Rocky Mountain has the most wimpy
drop-outs ever].
my girlfriend rides it she always uses the lowest setting ~18 mph and has no desire to go faster.
Then go ahead and get the Cute, sounds perfect for her.
Ooh, don't know about that, Elifebikes doesn't have a great rep. here.
The BMS Battery wheels are fine, they are not the strongest and usually need a little attention out of the Box, but the will be fine for her.
Is the MXUS as smooth and quiet as the Q100? I get the feeling it has more power.
Not quite as smooth and quiet as the Q100, but what is? Yes, it's stronger, the controller comes rated @ 17 Amps.
I guess my concerns are that it isn't as smooth and it pauses at take off if I'm thinking about the same kit.
I think you are thinking about my motor which is run sensorless because I burned two of the Hall sensors, The stock MXUS kits are very smooth off-the-line. In fact, when you get her bike built, it's the one area that you might think is better than the MAC.
If 18 mph is ok with her, then the Q100 is the one IMO.

Actually that sounds pretty good then. I'm guessing it should climb hills fairly well if it's just 20mph at 44v with the 36v q100 201. I placed the order.

Back