CYC x1 pro gen2 - installed and unhappy

filth

10 mW
Yesterday i finished installing the cyc x1 pro gen2 with the stock controller on my cube stereo pro 140.

I came from using a bbshd but switched to cyc because i could not position the bafang motor well in that frame.
Using a 14S6P battery with LG Mj1 cells. So my max load on the battery is limited to 60A or ~ 3000W.

In the cyc software i limited the power to 2500W.

I must admit I expected far more from the motor. With the bbshd i could pin the throttle and start with a wheelie from standing still. This is not possible with the cyc at all. Even if it has more power, the trottle response is much slower and the power doesnt kick in as aggresive as with the bbshd.

Another issue is that the speed sensor seems to be broken, when rotating the wheel slowly, I see the red LED light on when the magnet passes the sensor and there is speed indication in the display. When the wheel is being rotated fast I see that the LED does not light on and there is no speed indication in the display. The distance between the sensor and the magnet is small < 5mm. I tried increasing it without success.

- Is the missing speed input somehow affecting the motor power / throttle response?
- What are my alternatives for getting a faster throttle response and faster power delivery? Other controller? Which one? Anyone using BAC2000 with x1 pro?

Attachments

• IMG-20200606-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20200606-WA0019.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 670
Update:

Replaced the speed sensor by the one from my old BBSHD - now I get speed readings. Throttle response still sucks.
Torque sensor response is pretty well and fast - faster then the BBSHD PAS response.

Back