"Destination Discovery" Extended Range MXUS 3000W Build

Today I redid the precharge on the controller. I originally had this As150 anti-spark connector that didn't do shit and sounded like a gun going off. I made one with XT150 connectors and a 300 ohm 5w resistor. Works perfect. I had issues with Regen reprogramming my controller fixed that issue 2 was way to strong and my torque arm situation Is questionable I just don't want issues in the long run so I set the Regen level to 1. My front brake is doing alot of work and will get upgraded to a bb7 mechanical 203mm the rear is a 160m that's acting I've a drag brake with no real stopping power but the even helps with that reducing the speed so the brakes can do their job more effectively. Moved the rear of the controller up a bit. It was interfering with my pedaling. Issue seems to be resolved now. Last night I corrected a calibration issue with the Temp sensor. It was 40c off causing the CA to push the controller into thermal throttling too early I recalibrate it and sync the temp with a secondary device. I rode again today and yes the temps get high but they cool down so quickly... I'm not even vented. Even in thermal limiting I still have 4-5kw on tap. I tamed the acceleration via the cycle analyst. It's now quite responsive but not throwing me off the bike. As it was before unrestricted. Tomorrow I will configure my three speed switch o the CA to switch between a legal eco setting moderate and extreme profile. Right now the bike is a liability. Can't let anyone touch it.

Temp sensor setting pictures This is for the sensor that is in the Mxus 3000w motor. Not going to work on other motors.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150228_192747.png
    ForumRunner_20150228_192747.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 4,937
  • ForumRunner_20150228_192908.png
    ForumRunner_20150228_192908.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 4,937
  • ForumRunner_20150228_192919.png
    ForumRunner_20150228_192919.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 4,937
  • ForumRunner_20150228_193151.png
    ForumRunner_20150228_193151.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 4,937
  • ForumRunner_20150228_193244.png
    ForumRunner_20150228_193244.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 4,937
[youtube]P0xVLFTTfng[/youtube]

Now that I have my presets set I have to now address the gain to reduce the surging.

Nice work! Shame about the other frame but it looks like you have arrived at a pretty capable bike. What power setting were you running with in your riding video? One thing that catches me by surprise is the noise, I had forgotten how loud trap controllers can be.

What's the projected range with all your batteries on there?

I was riding unrestricted but i was sandbagging. The bike can get away from you real quick and taking corners on crappy roads keeps me off the throttle. I have yet to do any real range results but if i carry my full pack Im expecting 50 miles at top speed and 250 miles at 20mph.

Fixed the surging issue I'm seeing a lot of sag today. Left the bike and batteries in the garage so I'm seeing like 10v sag and slow voltage recovery.

Awesome work here!

Tommy L sends....

Only took like 30 minutes but I got the rear brake dial in to where I got full grab yet I can still enable regen. Awesome feelings. I also got the Nord Lock washers installed today. Im going to ride to the LBS here in a bit to get the ole leg muscles going again and so they can get a taste of what their hard work has accomplished.

I notice that a change in saddle height by 2-3 inches changes handling a lot. In my pedaling saddle height position Im like way to high for the speeds the bike is capable of. When I lower the seat to just a ride only semi tuck the handling on the bike is much better. Changing the center of gravity changes a lot. I can corner alot better and feel like Im apart of the bike instead of being on top of it hanging on for dear life.

Watching your video is getting me really excited about my build can't wait till get it done. By the way how are those multistar lipo?

Ice, I'm definitely with you on that last video, reminds me of my late late night test runs after getting a new item installed and wanting to test it out, see if it helps. Neat to see your shadow appearing, passing, then disappearing as you go past the street lights!

Some excellent informative info in those videos my man. Excellent work!

Quite a in-depth post, very interesting discoveries so far,thanks.

HPC doing revolution build for me full suspension aluminum frame 110 volt system 126 hot off the charger with MXUS and schlumph drive will post photos when its done also putting 19" motorcycle rims/tires on it hope to keep it under 100 pounds

So here is an update on the build. I went back to TDCM Torque Sensing Bottom Bracket after trying a lack luster 8 pole chinese pas sensor. You need a 120mm model to pull off the upgraded 60T chainring. I also upgraded to a 60T chain ring. This required a new crank set and chain ring from Vuelta USA. Went together without a hitch. I barely have 2-3 mm between the chainring and the chainstays but it clears and fits. Downside is the double legged kickstand I had now scrubs the chain when riding so I have to take that of and get a kick stand that mounts to the chainstays drop out area. I removed the front derailleur and shifter as its not needed. I needed to run two chains. I actually need like 5-10 links extra to accommodate the chainring. So far I dont need a chain guide. My last build I ran the same setup without a guide and i might have popped of every blue moon.. Not enough to count maybe 3-4 times a year in some weird scenario.I got the CA dialed with a 3 position switch and Im using presets to control the power levels of the bike and the Torque Pas. The bike is dialed in for awesome pedal assist up into the high 30s low 40s. It feels natural especially in the straights. Pedaling 30+mph in the corners is suicide. The pedal scrub monster is waiting for me to frock up.

Back