- 1 8 6 5 0 V

- S A F E

- N O B M S

- 1 0 C

- 3 . 7 V

- 1 6 0 0 m A h

- 2 4 s 1 4 p

-First ride using these in : 2 0 0 8

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eg4QJM21TG8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>

Doc

massive congrats- thats awesome !

perfect for a trike;)

You might have to change your nickname to DoctorBatts.

:D

Don't drop a screwdriver on that!

Holy crap, I want some....
I'll have to find the local service center, but around here I bet there are a lot of people with the same idea... :cry:

fechter said:
Don't drop a screwdriver on that!

Or let your pet near it...

dog: oooh, something to lick....lick, lick .... zaaap
cat: oooh, something to jump on....wiggle, hop....zaaap

How many would you need for a car conversion?

swade said:
well, 336 cells at 3.7 volts, and 1.6 amps is 2000wh (1989.12, but who's counting?) That translates to about 2.5 horsepower for one hour. Thats enough to propell your average Ebike 70-100 miles at 20mph, or get a full bodied E scooter 30-40 miles at 20mph. Or get your car from the street all the way up the driveway and into the garage.

For a car I would need at least 6831 18650V cell.... that "magic number"

Do you remember... the T E S L A ?

It's my dream to built one or to get one... !

A very efficient car need between 100-150Wh per km.. so i would be able to drive 20km! twice what i need to travel between my house and my job!

Doc

Drunkskunk said:
swade said:
well, 336 cells at 3.7 volts, and 1.6 amps is 2000wh ...Or get your car from the street all the way up the driveway and into the garage.

Come on, you could at least go 2 or 3 miles on that! :p

Yeah, the Tesla is awesome, but you don't need 50 kWh for a decent car. Take a look at http://www.evalbum.com; medium-sized vehicles often have 15-20 kWh, and motorcycles can have 5 kWh or under. Of course, that only gets you a range of about 30 miles (give or take 20 miles :-D), but it's enough to work.

Wow 30 miles. If only i have welding skills or access to mechanical shop to work on stuff like that myself, i'd go for a motorcycle right away. I'm happy with 10-15miles at 55mph or so. Anything further i'd use the car.

Take a look at this one; I would love to do something like this: http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1414 range of 45 miles and top speed of 55 mph for under $5000. (It probably wouldn't like to cruise at 55, though, because the motor is only 7kW continuous.)

Also, according to the info on that guy's website, you don't need to do any welding or machining to make one! (You'll probably need a decently-stocked garage, though.)

Doc, is there a picture of your bike posted somewhere?

I wanna see where all those cells will end up :)

Sick !

like the kids say

efreak

Back