DNM burner rcp-2s spring

Jonno said:
Like this?

A 1000lb pit bike shock 280mm - much better :)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pit-Bike-Rear-Shock-With-Piggy-L-280mm-1000-lbs/283558401950?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IMG_20200506_065405a.jpg

Note to self - clean bike!

Hey man, I ended up buying this shock, DNM MTG-RC, 295mm with 900lb spring. Man this thing is a BEAST, HUGE! It actually weighs 5.8lbs, with an oil can the size of a red bull can. LOL

So now I need to find flat mount suspension shock mounting brackets that accept 10mm since that's the inner diameter of the mount hole. All the ones I'm seeing out there are 1/2" which is 12.7mm. Why the heck do they use these weird sizes. I assume if I used an M10 bolt with a 12mm outer busing it would still have some play in it. How did you solve this problem since your shock has the same size mount hole?

You need to make some new upper and lower mounts and reposition them otherwise your bike will be too high on the back. Fit with shouldered bolts not completely threaded ones.
eBay item number:153941677980

Jonno said:
You need to make some new upper and lower mounts and reposition them otherwise your bike will be too high on the back. Fit with shouldered bolts not completely threaded ones.
eBay item number:153941677980

Yeah I realize about the mounts. My cousin is a fabricator and I'm going to have him create top and bottom brackets that are adjustable so that I can experiment with the rake angle. I think I'll order the shoulder bolts off the Bolt Depot since they offer like every length. Although, not sure of the length.

How does that shock handle though? Does it suck up bumps well? Smooth ride? Can you hit a jump?

I know this is an old post, but I need a 550# spring.
You guys are bound to have some laying around collecting dust. I’m in the US. What have you got??
Thanks!

Back