Dnm shock repairable?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
This shock doesnt have much mileage on my ebike but it started leaking oil at the top from the blue knob.
Just curious if these are easy to repair or not worth the time to fix?
How hard would it be for a first timer to repair if I went that route?
Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221008-200130_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221008-200130_Gallery.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot_20221008-200126_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221008-200126_Gallery.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 337
If you can't get a seal kit for it, it doesn't matter how much you want to rebuild it. So maybe start there.

One of the local bike shops had a lunch bike with rear suspension, but with a block of hardwood in place of the shock.

Eastwood said:
Maybe easier to just replace it. All of the rear DNM shocks I’ve used leak the same way. Like chalo said, check to see if there are replacement seals. Let’s us know if you find them

Ok thx
What happens if there is no oil left in the shock?

ebike11 said:
Eastwood said:
Maybe easier to just replace it. All of the rear DNM shocks I’ve used leak the same way. Like chalo said, check to see if there are replacement seals. Let’s us know if you find them

Ok thx
What happens if there is no oil left in the shock?

Without oil is going to affect the dampening dramatically. The shock will not work properly if it doesn’t have the right amount of oil. Maybe in the beginning when it first starts leaking you’ll still have somewhat decent performance but as the oil completely leaks out it will not work properly.

So if you do rebuild the rear shock you would need to add more nitrogen. Some people use air. That second video link shows you how to install a Schrader valve to put air back in once it’s released. The shocks are so cheap it doesn’t give you a way to refill the nitrogen so you have to make a mod to to add more nitrogen/air.

https://youtu.be/6VS35gp1ewE

https://youtu.be/nBzduIS38sY

Back