Do I need 2 ESC for this?

Thanks for the answer. I've been searching on this site about it but how do I sync the motors, or does it matter? Should I just try to get a dual brain ESC or will to seperate ESC be ok?

The ebay guy said he has some single ESCs that with two will work as long as they are programmed the same and are controlled by splitting the wires from the controller reciever. Is this true?

skaterordie said:
Thanks for the answer. I've been searching on this site about it but how do I sync the motors, or does it matter? Should I just try to get a dual brain ESC or will to seperate ESC be ok?

The ebay guy said he has some single ESCs that with two will work as long as they are programmed the same and are controlled by splitting the wires from the controller reciever. Is this true?

For specifics, each motor must have its own "computer" to be useful. ESCs from Flier have two "brains" to allow control for two motors, but comes as one unit. A "y-cable" to the receiver allows control of multiple motors with its own ESC with one radio signal through the signal wire.

skaterordie said:

As chuttney1 mentioned. I think two singles are better. If one dies you can replace just one. I use to like the dual ESC which is really only APS/Flier. However, with the better ESCs available now. It's better to go two singles and use Y connectors.

You'll need a Y connector for discharge wires and a Y connector for the ESC signal wire.

You can actually connect two motors from one esc from a direct Y connector. However, with that said most people who do that are using RC toys. You don't want to do that with yourself on the board and going 20-30 mph. I would highly recommend against it. You do want (1) ESC for (1) motor.

Back