• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Does anyone know the type of cable used on BMC motors?

madnomad

1 W
Hi guys, unfortunately while I was at the pub last thursday, a large drunk lady fell into my bike and somehow managed to completely smash up the cables at the point where they go into the motor. Going to have to take the motor apart and resolder some new cables inside :roll: Does anyone know the exact type of cable I need, and where is the best place to buy it (in the UK)? It's a BMC V4C.

Also, does anyone know if there is some kind of guard available to protect the cables where they go into the axle? Has anyone come up with a clever solution to prevent this happening?

I don't know about the cable, but you can get a "rear derailleur guard" to protect the cables that come out of the axle. Just Google:

rear derailleur guard

Dang that's a good idea. I was pondering making up some kind of guard but that's a much better idea.

Ambroseliao, hopefully you find after opening the motor you can just pull some cable through the axle, cut it off at the damaged point and re-terminate the ends. The cable outside the motor will obviously be a few inches shorter than before but hopefully you have enough slack to still reach the controller.

Back